A cabin air filter came in the mail

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bombastinator2

It says C28183 on it. This is the only marking aside from the maker, “excel”. Is this an air filter for a 2019 leaf? Do I need to change it? How do I change it?
1714007134640.jpeg

Are you saying that a cabin air filter mysteriously arrived in your mail without you ordering it? I'm confused.

If you ordered it, you presumably checked for proper fit first, right? If not, you should be able to search the part number to see if it fits your car.

Do you need to change it? Well, how long has it been since you last changed it? I change ours once per year. If you drive a lot, especially in dirty/dusty/high-pollen conditions, you might want to change more often.

Changing the cabin air filter is relatively easy (at least on my first generation Leaf) assuming you have the proper flexibility to get yourself into the passenger foot well. There are tutorials here and on Youtube that will show you how to change the cabin air filter.

Well it's the same part number as the Purolator filter I ordered on Amazon.

Nissan recommends you change it once a year. The amount of driving and local conditions my allow you to change the filter less often.

Are you saying that a cabin air filter mysteriously arrived in your mail without you ordering it? I'm confused.

If you ordered it, you presumably checked for proper fit first, right? If not, you should be able to search the part number to see if it fits your car.

Do you need to change it? Well, how long has it been since you last changed it? I change ours once per year. If you drive a lot, especially in dirty/dusty/high-pollen conditions, you might want to change more often.

Changing the cabin air filter is relatively easy (at least on my first generation Leaf) assuming you have the proper flexibility to get yourself into the passenger foot well. There are tutorials here and on Youtube that will show you how to change the cabin air filter.
Possibly. Such things happen. I don’t know if I ordered it or not. It’s a car air filter so If I ordered it it’s a filter for my 2019 leaf. Is it? And if so where do I put it? I’ve never changed any filters on that car.

Well it's the same part number as the Purolator filter I ordered on Amazon.

Nissan recommends you change it once a year. The amount of driving and local conditions may allow you to change the filter less often.
Cool! So I ordered it then. I suspect I would probably need to change the thing regularly as I vape in the car. It’s much less nasty than if I smoked in the car, but the vapor is a liquid which does not dry, so it probably needs to be changed. Anyone know where it goes? Or I could look in the manual. Such things are usually there.

Drew already told you to go to You Tube and watch one or two videos on how to change the cabin filter in a 2019 Nissan Leaf. The replacement videos for the 2018 or newer Leafs should be the same.

One video will suggest you remove the glove compartment box to get to the filter. Another video does not remove the glove compartment box.

I would try replacing the filter without removing the glove compartment box first.

Outside of a Tesla, I don't know who else makes changing the cabin filter so difficult.

I used to have a BMW 328ic that had a very difficult to change cabin air filter. I bought it used and the old filter looked like I was the first to change it.

Back