Alternate Carwings app for Android and Android Wear

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update is rolling out now; give it a try, tell me what you think, and if something is broken, let me know ASAP and I'll revert!

New features:
- Option to Hide notification when not charging
- Option to disable notifications at night and then update at ~6am

evyna said:
Update is rolling out now; give it a try, tell me what you think
I have V1.8.0. The Update Now option seems to be gone from the Watch. I'll try out the new features.

evyna said:
New feature: Option to disable notifications at night
Checking or unchecking this option will "reawaken" the last notification after it was dismissed. Is this intentional?

patrick0101 said:
evyna said:
Update is rolling out now; give it a try, tell me what you think
I have V1.8.0. The Update Now option seems to be gone from the Watch. I'll try out the new features.

That shouldn't be missing; Update Now should always appear if auto-update is disabled. If auto-update is enabled, though, it's normal that the update now button is missing.

patrick0101 said:
evyna said:
New feature: Option to disable notifications at night
Checking or unchecking this option will "reawaken" the last notification after it was dismissed. Is this intentional?

Sortof. Any time you update the settings, the notification will reappear to show the latest changes.

In case i forgot to mention this

Thankyou very much for writing this app. It is incredibly useful just for checkjng charge and turning hvac on and off

The nissan app is so insanely slow to get anything done many times i just dont

I was still using it for timers until i realized i could simply tapnstart hvac from the nav shade when i get up. Now i dont even use the nissan app any longer. No need.

A suggestion. Let us define what shows up in the notification. For example this is what i would line to see

Leaf:12/12 80m
2:30 L2

That is is. No other words. Display just like that. Would make the watch display much nicer maybe a toggle to switch it to minimal mode for wear users. I almost never use the appbon the phone unless it is gone on the watxh for some reason.

Love the app. Thanks!

Under my notifications drop down, sometimes I see the HVAC option, and sometimes I don't... The last couple times when I have been leaving my office, and wanting to turn it on, it hasn't been showing up (so I just go into the nissan app). [Galaxy S3]

Start and update are there you just have to expose them. When you have a few notifications android shrinks them down to display more easily. Touch and hold the leaf app notification for a moment and drag down. It will expand back to normal exposing the start hvac and update options again. Using two fingers is more reliable but one works if you time it well (easy once you get the hang of it)

nerys said:
Start and update are there you just have to expose them. When you have a few notifications android shrinks them down to display more easily. Touch and hold the leaf app notification for a moment and drag down. It will expand back to normal exposing the start hvac and update options again. Using two fingers is more reliable but one works if you time it well (easy once you get the hang of it)

Yep, this. Android restricts the number of things you can see in the menu bar, unfortunately, so you have to drag down to expose them.

yep. USUALLY once you expand it then it tends to stay that way for some time usually. I never timed it or payed too much attention to the time involved. easy enough to expand it.

here is a video in case it was unclear or if anyone is curious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuyJevUSJOA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

evyna said:
Update Now should always appear if auto-update is disabled. If auto-update is enabled, though, it's normal that the update now button is missing.
You are correct, it appears or disappears with this setting. Personally, I'd like to have it there all the time. I may want an interim update if I have a long auto-update time. Plus it makes the app a little more consistent.

Hope everyone had a great holiday! Back in the game and ready to get some work done, starting with...

patrick0101 said:
evyna said:
Update Now should always appear if auto-update is disabled. If auto-update is enabled, though, it's normal that the update now button is missing.
You are correct, it appears or disappears with this setting. Personally, I'd like to have it there all the time. I may want an interim update if I have a long auto-update time. Plus it makes the app a little more consistent.

Implemented ;) Sorry it took so long. Vacations and moving and stuff. But it's published and you should get the update tomorrow morning or so.

At this point, I'm working on stabilizing Leaf Notification and starting work on the bigger version that will encompass some of the more niche features. Should be fun!

Roberto33 said:
Work in Europe? .... Spain? :oops:
thank you very much

Would love to and have been trying, but each country seems to have their own portal and they all run different versions of the software. Spain, for example, has completely different endpoints. It wouldn't be too hard to develop them, except I don't have an account on the Spain site so I can't debug it and figure out what the API calls are.

evyna said:
Roberto33 said:
Work in Europe? .... Spain? :oops:
thank you very much

Would love to and have been trying, but each country seems to have their own portal and they all run different versions of the software. Spain, for example, has completely different endpoints. It wouldn't be too hard to develop them, except I don't have an account on the Spain site so I can't debug it and figure out what the API calls are.

Thanks !

favor to ask. can you provide an option to make the "notifications" start hvac "ALWAYS" be start hvac even if it "thinks" it is running?

you see starting the hvac is great and easy. problem is when I do that it says "stop hvac" which I assume sends a different command.

the only way around this is to tap update (which never works from notification or wear but always works from the app no idea why the difference) and then I have to wait a small eternity for it to update (it takes a really really long time just like the nissan app) and then I can tap "start hvac" again.

a toggle to "always" send the "start" command and ignore any "assumed" state would be really nice (then have start and stop separate buttons IN the actual app as well)

nerys said:
favor to ask. can you provide an option to make the "notifications" start hvac "ALWAYS" be start hvac even if it "thinks" it is running?

you see starting the hvac is great and easy. problem is when I do that it says "stop hvac" which I assume sends a different command.

the only way around this is to tap update (which never works from notification or wear but always works from the app no idea why the difference) and then I have to wait a small eternity for it to update (it takes a really really long time just like the nissan app) and then I can tap "start hvac" again.

a toggle to "always" send the "start" command and ignore any "assumed" state would be really nice (then have start and stop separate buttons IN the actual app as well)

Sure thing! I'm also doing some changes to that part of the code as of last night. It's been cold lately and I've noticed that starting the HVAC works about 50% of the time for me. Sucky internet where I live now. Looking through the routine, it looks like there are two possibilities:

1) The app fails but knows the desired state is "on", so it displays that in the UI. That isn't what we want, clearly.
2) The app succeeds but Nissan's servers fail to tell the car to turn it on.

The first one is bad and I'm working on adding some auto-retry code on the app so that if the app fails to connect, it'll retry X amount of times.

The second one is harder to deal with, and I'm not sure if it's a problem yet, so I need to add more debug code. If it does turn out to be a problem, I might have the app send the command more than once. We'll see.

Your suggestion of having an option to always show start is good, too. I'll look into getting that added.

Update is published, should be live in a few hours. Lots of improvements to stability with starting AC, plus the option to always show "Start HVAC" even if the hvac is detected as being turned on. It also correctly shows the AC status in the event that it failed.

Back