Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit EXTENDED AGAIN!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VegasBrad

https://www.irs.gov/Credits-&-Deductions/Individuals/Alternative-Fuel-Vehicle-Refueling-Property-Credit

I wanted to share the great news! For those that don't know this is a great incentive that got extended once again! If you bought an EVSE last year (2016) you can claim your tax credit. It provides 30% up to $1000 ($1000 back on a $3000 install + hardware) for residential.

I had to do some digging but found it was approved for extension just this last December. This time their going for 2 years so any EVSE you buy this year counts too!

I can provide a company invoice for any customer that purchases an EVSE from me and you can then claim your 30% back.

I was wondering about this, I did a permanent install in our garage and claimed that on our 2014 taxes, but now I bought a portable unit (that is great by the way Brad). I take that unit when traveling with a number of adapters and use it a lot to my in-laws as they have a 20A 240vac outlet at the front of their garage. If I remember correctly for the tax credit it has to be mounted?

BrockWI said:
I was wondering about this, I did a permanent install in our garage and claimed that on our 2014 taxes, but now I bought a portable unit (that is great by the way Brad). I take that unit when traveling with a number of adapters and use it a lot to my in-laws as they have a 20A 240vac outlet at the front of their garage. If I remember correctly for the tax credit it has to be mounted?
Well, I guess now my OpenEVSE will be screwed to the wall. :lol:

I was thinking the same thing, mounting it to my in-laws garage and maybe borrowing it when I need it ;)

But I bet it has to be hard wired? Not plugged in?

That's easy, all mine have flanges with mounting holes, even the portable ones. Most have the keyhole slot for easy on/off too! :)

BrockWI said:

Thanks Brock, I'm very pleased you like it!

BrockWI said:
I was thinking the same thing, mounting it to my in-laws garage and maybe borrowing it when I need it ;) ?
I think there is a line in there about it has to be at your "primary residence" which rules me out from counting on a deduction for adding one at my place in Wisconsin :x

VegasBrad said:
https://www.irs.gov/Credits-&-Deductions/Individuals/Alternative-Fuel-Vehicle-Refueling-Property-Credit

I had to do some digging but found it was approved for extension just this last December. This time their going for 2 years so any EVSE you buy this year counts too!

This is great news. Can you please show me where you saw that it was extended into 2016? I didn't buy one last year, but sure will buy one this year!

pncguy said:
VegasBrad said:

This is great news. Can you please show me where you saw that it was extended into 2016? I didn't buy one last year, but sure will buy one this year!
right at the link I posted :)

"You may be eligible for a credit under Section 30C(c), if you purchased alternative fuel vehicle refueling property before January 1, 2017 and placed it in service in the year in which you claim the credit. For individuals (not for business purposes) the credit is limited to $1,000 for all qualified property at a location. Eligible alternative fuels are hydrogen, electricity, and other qualified alternative fuels as defined in Section 30C(c). "

Back