Amended Settlement in Klee v. Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evoforce said:
Anyone who would like to send me their card, I would appreciate it, and gladly use it. Just P.M. me.

In order to activate the card you have to enter the VIN number of your car, so if your not in the class, it won't likely be able to be activated.

palmermd said:
Evoforce said:
Anyone who would like to send me their card, I would appreciate it, and gladly use it. Just P.M. me.

In order to activate the card you have to enter the VIN number of your car, so if your not in the class, it won't likely be able to be activated.

Hopefully I am sent activated cards. If not, I could collaborate to activate.

Evoforce said:
palmermd said:
Evoforce said:

It would definitely require some collaboration since the registration process requires your VIN, Name, Address and then it lets you select chargers in your area that can be used. I've not completed the form, but it seems like they have enough questions on it to try and avoid this.

Evoforce said:
palmermd said:
Evoforce said:

you won't be sent an activated card. my question is my 2011 is long gone but I would like to get the free 90 days for my 2013. so do I activate with 2013 VIN and possibly be denied or use my 2011 VIN and possibly deny someone else from getting the benefit?

DaveinOlyWA said:
... my question is my 2011 is long gone but I would like to get the free 90 days for my 2013. so do I activate with 2013 VIN and possibly be denied or use my 2011 VIN and possibly deny someone else from getting the benefit?
I say use your old VIN. They aren't going to send out two cards for one VIN number, so I don't see how the new owner would get one. I was glad that I could send mine back in for $50.

davewill said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
... my question is my 2011 is long gone but I would like to get the free 90 days for my 2013. so do I activate with 2013 VIN and possibly be denied or use my 2011 VIN and possibly deny someone else from getting the benefit?
I say use your old VIN. They aren't going to send out two cards for one VIN number, so I don't see how the new owner would get one. I was glad that I could send mine back in for $50.
That's what I would do...

davewill said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

The new owner is not going to get one because they are not a member of the class as I was well informed by the court administrators. This is the very thing that I was imputing to the attorneys in this case, and that I was fighting for, because all Leaf owners have to deal with the degradation problem. ESPECIALLY the ones who have 9 bars dropping to 8.

Got mine today. eVgo registered fine, Blink didn't. Not sure why Blink didn't register the EZ Charge Card..

See it is a 90-day card so I'll have to use the snot out of it to get the value :mrgreen:

JPWhite said:
Got mine today. eVgo registered fine, Blink didn't. Not sure why Blink didn't register the EZ Charge Card..

See it is a 90-day card so I'll have to use the snot out of it to get the value :mrgreen:

I could easily get $50 a month's worth of use with NRG's pricing structure :evil:

JPWhite said:

I tried to do Blink as well and ran into same problems. unable to register the card and tried several different ways. Chargepoint breezed right thru (which figures since most of the Chargepoints around here are not in the program...)

anyone figure out how the blink registration worked?

The OP makes reference to the "BT1033 problem." A Google search of even just BT1033 leads only to this thread.

Please enlighten me. What is the dreaded BT1033 problem?

No, I did not have the patience to read all 40 pages of this thread, just the first 10 and the last 2.

For most of the last 40 months of ownership I have been careful to charge only to 80% of full charge unless I anticipated a rare longer than average trip. It is not explicitly stated in the thread but I trust I am correct in concluding that I need to charge to 100% and then check the bars. I just checked and at 20,895 miles our 2012 (delivery early Dec 2011) shows down 2 bars at 80% of full charge. Is it correct to conclude that a 100% charge would have given me the remaining 2 bars? if so, I guess one or both of these is true:

1) I've carefully protected the traction battery by charging most of the time to 80% of maximum always using my 240V/24 Amp Blink.

2) I had the good fortune to get a 'better than average' production battery and to have been offered a job in Palo Alto (nice climate) in 1970.

I checked. At 40 months and ~21,000 miles we have averaged 525 miles/month or 6,300 miles per year. This is even less than the 'stingy' estimate that is part of the settlement.

So I am in a unique situation and the settlement case people are looking into it.

First - the EZ Charge card. I am still the original owner and am in a the NCTC area. BUT I subscribe to a monthly service that gives me unlimited DC charging. The settlement rep seemed surprised at this (its an older eVgo account that I got before they changed their pricing structure and eliminated the unlimited charging). So in my case the card is 100% useless. And following the settlement choices - I cannot opt for the $50. Awesome. At least they are looking into it for me.

Secondly - and maybe someone here can chime in - the battery replacement. I had my battery replaced with the old chemistry a couple years ago. The settlement defines the replacement requiring the 2015 battery chemistry. The settlement people seemed to not know (or maybe not understand) if I could replace my second battery with the better chemistry battery (since I did not have the option to). No one seemed to know if the settlement was retroactive. On the odd note its not - this would potentially leave out any customer who purchased a leaf prior to March of the original release year (there were a few that were) and it would make it impossible to qualify under the settlement - hmmm...

Anyone who had a previous replacement (under old battery tech) try and get a new lizard battery under the warranty? I called Nissan's EV hotline and they said only the dealership or settlement people could answer that question (and I am 100% sure the dealership would not know anything).

baumgrenze said:
The OP makes reference to the "BT1033 problem." A Google search of even just BT1033 leads only to this thread.

Please enlighten me. What is the dreaded BT1033 problem?

No, I did not have the patience to read all 40 pages of this thread, just the first 10 and the last 2.

For most of the last 40 months of ownership I have been careful to charge only to 80% of full charge unless I anticipated a rare longer than average trip. It is not explicitly stated in the thread but I trust I am correct in concluding that I need to charge to 100% and then check the bars. I just checked and at 20,895 miles our 2012 (delivery early Dec 2011) shows down 2 bars at 80% of full charge. Is it correct to conclude that a 100% charge would have given me the remaining 2 bars? if so, I guess one or both of these is true:

1) I've carefully protected the traction battery by charging most of the time to 80% of maximum always using my 240V/24 Amp Blink.

2) I had the good fortune to get a 'better than average' production battery and to have been offered a job in Palo Alto (nice climate) in 1970.

I checked. At 40 months and ~21,000 miles we have averaged 525 miles/month or 6,300 miles per year. This is even less than the 'stingy' estimate that is part of the settlement.

I'll let someone else comment on BT1033.

I think you are confusing fuel bars and capacity bars. Fuel bars will change as the battery state of charge changes, so if you charge to 80% and are seeing 10 bars they are the fuel bars.

Capacity bars are the small rectangular symbols to the right of the fuel bars, these to do not change continually. It is the smaller rectangular "bars" that you need to count.

Look at the following manual, page 2-10 which shows the battery capacity gauge.
https://owners.nissanusa.com/content/techpub/ManualsAndGuides/LEAF/2012/2012-LEAF-owner-manual.pdf

I just received a $50 check for the Klee v. Nissan . Has anyone else received a check?

Mark
Lease a 2012 Nissan Leaf fro 2 year(lease ended last year)

I just got a check too, apparently because I don't live in one of the excluded states, AZ, CA, ETC, etc. what did folks in those states get?

Oops, never mind, just read back a few pages and looks like they got "charge" cards. :D

I'm buying some nice wine with mine.

I got the card, and it is completely useless to me. In five years of ownership (two weeks) we have never used a DCFC, and there is only really one in town that we could use at the SMUD building. I would much rather have had the $50 since I get nothing with the card. A nice dinner would have been much better.

Pipcecil said:
Secondly - and maybe someone here can chime in - the battery replacement. I had my battery replaced with the old chemistry a couple years ago. The settlement defines the replacement requiring the 2015 battery chemistry. The settlement people seemed to not know (or maybe not understand) if I could replace my second battery with the better chemistry battery (since I did not have the option to). No one seemed to know if the settlement was retroactive. On the odd note its not - this would potentially leave out any customer who purchased a leaf prior to March of the original release year (there were a few that were) and it would make it impossible to qualify under the settlement - hmmm...
This is interesting - I seem to recall something about those who had their battery replaced before the lizard packs were available would also be given the option of getting a lizard pack when they were made available.

Got my check, and I don't even have my LEAF anymore. I'll use it on about 2 weeks worth of gas. Could have used it on about a month and a half of electricity. Oh well.

Back