Auto Lift-Protecting sill edge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbrance

I have access to a auto lift now however I was concerned about placement of the pads under the Leaf Chassis. I place the rubber pads on the lift under each of the four jack points however they just rest on the sill edge on the underbody of the car. Would it be better for me to get 4 jack pads that fit around the sill edge?

I've jacked up multiple vehicles (including a Leaf) hundreds of times at the factory jack points without causing structural or paint/undercoating damage.

I use a couple hockey pucks to provide a bit of cushion and avoid metal-on-metal contact. I've seen other folks cut a groove in a hockey puck, or in short block of wood, for the same purpose. You can also buy commercial products that do the same thing - basically a big chunk of dense rubber with a slot for the sill.

If you're jacking up the car from level ground, as you will be if you're using a commercial-style lift, you should be fine with the sill plate. It's made for lifting the car. If you're concerned about the car shifting on the lift plates then using a block that sort of grips the sill may provide additional confidence.

Back