Back up camera in rain

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the backup camera for three things, in decreasing order of importance to me:
  1. Backing in a tight space between two cars. Yes, you can look left-right-left-right-... but it is so easy to point the lines halfway between the cars. I do look in the mirrors for confirmation, but the curved lines seem never to be be wrong. I have a perhaps unusual situation. We live on a cul-de-sac where there are almost always neighbors parked illegally nose in to the 6-foot curb segments between the driveways around the circle. I think the driveways are about 10' wide, but the rear ends of the vehicles are much less than that.
  2. Parallel parking. If you keep the curved lines just off the curb you back into place perfectly first time, every time.
  3. Backing into a parking space. It is so easy to end up in the middle of the space by watching the camera picture, and so hard to try to guess where the parking space lines are with the side mirrors.

Ray

planet4ever said:
1....point the lines halfway between the cars. I do look in the mirrors for confirmation, but the curved lines seem never to be be wrong....

2. Parallel parking. If you keep the curved lines just off the curb you back into place perfectly first time, every time.

3. Backing into a parking space. It is so easy to end up in the middle of the space by watching the camera picture, and so hard to try to guess where the parking space lines are with the side mirrors
Thanks, Ray! Since I've never had a back-up camera before or any instruction on how to appropriately use the guidelines (no time for the manual, either :roll: ), I'm trying your tips/techniques. I'm almost up to speed! :D This really helps me accurately back into my temporary parking spot at work (on a ramp, between a huge SUV and a line-hogging sedan). I learn something here every day! :p

Back