Basic questions for lease termination

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolle

My 2013 LEAF is close to lease termination (April). This was my first lease. A couple of simple questions:

1. Should I clean/vacuum the car before returning? Lots of sand/dirt inside cabin. :?

2. There is $395 disposition fee. Will this fee be waived even if I lease a Nissan car at *different* dealership?

3. I have not been contacted by any Nissan representatives. So, I don't know possible options on the lease termination. I don't want to buy this car, but wondering whether extending a lease (1 year) would good for saving some money in general.

(It seems like good 3-yr lease deal is available in SF Bay.)

Thank you!
:lol:

If you want to extend the lease for a year, you can. If you have a good payment, extend it! That would mean no vacuuming required, although you'll have to it eventually... The disposition fee is waived if you buy or lease another Nissan, anywhere.

If you decide to give back the car, you will need to call NMAC's third-party vehicle inspection service right away (as your lease is almost up). The company is Alliance Inspection Management Center and can be reached at (800) 253-9026 between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m., CT, weekdays, or 8:00 a.m. and noon, CT, Saturday. The inspection can be done at your home or work or wherever.

As they are going to inspect the car's condition, they may want a reasonably clean car to look at. It doesn't have to be Pebble Beach Concours perfect. You will get a printout of the inspection's findings and what excessive wear/tear, if any, they found and how much they will charge you if you don't correct it yourself.

If you do not plan on buying or leasing another Nissan, you will need to contact a Nissan dealer (doesn't have to be the same one where you got the car) to make arrangements to give back the car. The dealer will do another inspection at that time. Make sure all accessories and items that originally came with the car are in the car at this time, including the instruction books and ESPECIALLY the OEM EVSE. Another TCFer was hit with a large bill some time after his lease return because the EVSE was allegedly not in the car. You should get a copy of that second inspection report and checklist for your protection.

Here's some more info on the lease return process and NMAC's guidelines on what they consider excessive wear and tear: http://www.nissanusa.com/pdf/owning/Wear_and_Use_Guide.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back