Batt Percentage drops quickly than rises just as fast.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick331

Hello Leaf’ers!

My battery percentage and mileage (GOM) goes up and down wildly 1% per second. It will start going down once the percentage is in the 65% range and go to around 15% and as I brake/slow down it will go back up quickly. I have owned a 17 leaf since new. I had the battery replaced under warranty 3 years ago and it was upgraded to a 40kwh battery. Any one have this problem? Is there anyone here that has a recommendation?

My '19 40KWh did that once a couple years ago, then never had another incident. At the time, the car was under heavy load (expressway speeds, long uphill grade, temps in the mid-teens F so energy draw for heat was substantial). In addition, the car was left outside and unused in teen F temps for a couple days so the battery pack was cold-soaked. I surmised that the cold battery pack was pushed beyond its ability to delivery enough electricity under peak demand.

My suggestion is to check and/or increase your battery pack temps. Protect the car by parking inside a garage if available. A DCFC session works to raise the battery temps.

Back