Buying a car – Should I trust this leafSpy reading ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcolindien

Hi,
I am interested in buying a secondhand leaf. 2018, ~67,000km in Australia. It is a Japanese imported car – so taking some risks.

The seller posted this screenshot from leafSpy

SOH looks too good for a 5-year-old car, right?
What about the number of charges? 1188Qcs? 312 L1/L2s?

When viewing the car I will ask to plug the device in and check the live data.
What specifically should I check to make sure it's all working well?

bm0d0gxjx95t5y7zx6nbc8hdx.png

5rvl1pi1slrr7t283yp7ln8e8.jpg

agajgugyzkydeb6cshgoczpha.jpg

Not an out of the ordinary snapshot for a 2018.

I have a 2018 with a similar, but perhaps a little better snapshot.

SOH 88.75
AH 102
But I have a smaller variation between cells at a 69% SOC....... Between 12-18mv perhaps? Gets into the low 20mv if the SOC gets down around 20%

So like I said, marginally better, but I only have 20,000 miles on it. (purchased second hand about 4 months ago.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the car. I mainly use it to keep the miles/depreciation off my more valuable (to me) vehicles. And it's a fun car all around.

Just ask yourself if you can be happy with keeping the car between 30%-85% SOC. (75 miles) Is that enough range for day to day driving? If so, it's likely to give you a long reliable life.

The stats look good, but the only thing that would concern me is that is has more QC than regular L1/L2 charges. That would suggest to me that the EV was used as a Taxi or Ride Share by the previous owner. I'm sure others will chime with input about having such a high QC count since we don't know if the previous owner was doing a QC to near 100% all the time or just for short burst to gain enough miles for another shift or to finish an ongoing shift, etc. It's also possible that the previous owner just likes to drive around, a lot, all the time. :lol:

Thanks heap.
Anything I should ask or check during the test drive?
Looking back on when you purchased yours, what is the most important thing to check and ask to make sure you're buying a reliable one?

Honestly, I'd just make sure to give it a thorough test drive, which would actually be sitting still in a parking lot connected to Leafspy, operating all the buttons and gadgets and seats, checking all external lights/bulbs......

Then actually drive it around listening for creaks and noises.

I realize if you haven't spent time in a Leaf, you wouldn't have a comparison to make in your head. But I can assure you that you should hear an amazingly quiet vehicle, with an impressive smooth drivetrain.

OH, An ice cold air conditioner. (Texas heat here)

Hi to all,

Why the Nissan Leaf 2019 40KWh dashboard show 128,000km (79000mile) but leafspy app show 79000km. And SOH is 87.65% and 1278 QCs & 727 L1/L2s . Is it worth to buy?

Thank you,

Back