Buying a secondhand Nissan Leaf in the UK

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elliott1940

Hello, I am interested in buying a secondhand Leaf. Can anyone advise me on what the best year models would be to buy please?

Are the very recent models better? Is there even much of a difference?

They all seem to be quite low mileage!

Thanks

Welcome. I've written a used Leaf buying guide, but it's for the North American market, not the UK. It may be somewhat helpful... I'll link it shortly.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=538030

If your budget is up to £6k, try to get a 30kWh (28kWh usable) Leaf from 2015-2017 with 12/12 bars of battery health. This will give a good 70 mile range. I would avoid the 24kWh Leaf now as they have low range (maybe less than 60 miles), unless you need a bargain and don't have to travel far. Avoid 2011-12 as battery capacity should be too low now to be useful, even for short commutes.

The 40kWh (36kWh usable) battery version has better range (up to 140 miles) and has more tech on-board, so worth the extra. You can get one for around £9k now with decent mileage and spec.

N-Connecta is good level of spec on the 2018+ models; Tekna is top spec and available across all versions.

62kWh (56kWh usable) models are more expensive, starting at around £12k used. At that price, there are probably better options now unless you need something that the Leaf offers in terms of tech or size of car?

Hello, I am interested in buying a secondhand Leaf. Can anyone advise me on what the best year models would be to buy please?

Are the very recent models better? Is there even much of a difference?

They all seem to be quite low mileage!

Thanks
Hi

Just to add a data point for you...

I bought a 2017 30kwh model a few months ago, for £8k. It's very low mileage (30k miles), but that's because we're on the Isle of Man, which is perfect for EVs - range anxiety isn't much of a problem when you live somewhere 30 miles long and 12 miles wide!

Both my partner and I are incredibly happy with our Leaf. Hope you find one that meets your needs & budget

Back