Calif DMV Registration Renewals

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DTB

With my 1 year anniversery fast approaching I suddenly realized that I never received my Calif DMV registration renewal. Tried to renew online but it said my info was invalid. Called the DMV and the person said that for some reason a renewal was never issued for my car, therefore I could not renew online. Either have to go in person or mail a check and of course it turns out that today is the last day to pay without penalties.
Just wondering if anybody else has had this issue?? I assume it's just a random error, but can't help but wonder if it somehow has to do with the car.

TonyWilliams said:
If you're a AAA member, just pay at their office. Or join up!
I've long been a member, but I think that anyone driving a car with no spare tire should probably just go ahead and join up anyway.

Glad to hear it is not a widespread problem. We got it taken care of. I am a member of AAA but our local office gets pretty busy. I do have to give credit to the DMV in this instance. Their website lists wait times for each location and our local office was less than 5 minutes wait. This was at 4:30 in the afternoon.

With my 1 year Leaf anniversary coming up I realized I hadn't received a registration renewal notice. But the DMV online renewal system let me renew without a notice, using license plate and VIN.

Edit: Mea culpa. I had received and misplaced the renewal notice.

Back