Carwings does not support IE9.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leafboy

In trying to use the route planner in Carwings using IE9, I can only get a black screen where the map should be. I tried it in FireFox and it worked just fine. I contacted Nissan Support and this is the reply:
This is the information I have received from our web site designers on your issue with viewing the Navteq maps in the routing tab of CarWings.

"Our understanding is that the customer is using IE9 - which is not supported by the global CARWINGS site.
We are not certain of the timeline of when it would be supported."

For the time being, as we figured out while speaking to each other, it would be best for you to utilize FireFox.

I am sorry for the inconvenience and that we could not find a solution to the problem, but at least we do have the FireFox work around and I am sure in the future that IE9 will be supported.

Should you find a solution, please e-mail me back and let us know. Also should you have any other questions or concerns in the future don't hesitate to give us a call.

If IE 9 is your only choice, you should be able to click the compatibility mode icon to the right of the address bar to make it present itself and function like IE 8. That may not help if the issue isn't really IE 9, but rather 64-bit IE not working with some 32-bit plugins. In that case, I believe Microsoft includes both 32-bit and 64-bit IE versions, in which case using the 32-bit version should work.

The thing that really gets to me is, if Nissan can't spare the relatively small amount of effort to keep its software operational, how can I trust them to be there for me when I have issues with the car?? If one can't be trusted in small matters, how can they be trusted in large matters??

johnr said:
The thing that really gets to me is, if Nissan can't spare the relatively small amount of effort to keep its software operational, how can I trust them to be there for me when I have issues with the car?? If one can't be trusted in small matters, how can they be trusted in large matters??
Carwings is farmed out to another firm. They have nothing to do with the car's electronics. Besides, why put the 3rd or 4th place browser at the top of "must be compatible" list...especially when there's a built-in workaround.

GeekEV said:
If IE 9 is your only choice, you should be able to click the compatibility mode icon to the right of the address bar to make it present itself and function like IE 8. That may not help if the issue isn't really IE 9, but rather 64-bit IE not working with some 32-bit plugins. In that case, I believe Microsoft includes both 32-bit and 64-bit IE versions, in which case using the 32-bit version should work.
I heard about the compatibility mode icon, but don't seem to have it. I tried going through the menus and found it, but it still didn't work. I guess it is FireFox for me. I use FireFox as a backup regularly anyway.

I finally found a way to create a direct link to the CARWINGS reports (and trees, plan my route, etc) on the iPad and iPhone... anyone interested in this procedure?

Leafboy said:
GeekEV said:
I heard about the compatibility mode icon, but don't seem to have it. I tried going through the menus and found it, but it still didn't work. I guess it is FireFox for me. I use FireFox as a backup regularly anyway.
OK, tried it with IE9 on Win7 x64, and got the same result you described. Clicked the compatibility mode icon (looks like a torn page, embedded in the address entry area, on the right) and it then worked perfectly (or at least as well as it ever does). What may be confusing you is that you won't see the icon until you're actually on the page that's misbehaving.

just ticked the crap doesnt work. I was fine for 1 month and now it want up link the data and only shows 1 trip per day. If I was paying for this I have all my money back.

mksE55 said:
just ticked the crap doesnt work. I was fine for 1 month and now it want up link the data and only shows 1 trip per day. If I was paying for this I have all my money back.
You can only sent one destination to the car at a time. The cars has to receive it B4 you can send another destination. I tried to send 4 destinations for my week's travels and it only held one of them. Seems kind of stupid since there are many slots in the car's screen.

davewill said:
Leafboy said:
GeekEV said:
OK, tried it with IE9 on Win7 x64, and got the same result you described. Clicked the compatibility mode icon (looks like a torn page, embedded in the address entry area, on the right) and it then worked perfectly (or at least as well as it ever does). What may be confusing you is that you won't see the icon until you're actually on the page that's misbehaving.
I was on the page and never see the "torn page" compatability icon. That's what Nissan recommended, but it never showed up for me. (Vista SP2, 32bit, IE9)

UPDATE:
Finally figured it out. I never had the "broken page" compatibility view icon show up indicating a problem, but if I click on "Page" on the Command Bar and scroll to Compatibility View, I can get it to show the map. Also there is an option to add the page to open in compatibility view each time it is requested in IE9.

Back