Carwings status update initiates charge.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowthom

Hello,
So I've been trying to figure out why I get multiple "charging stopped" notifications after the charge cycle has completed.
Conditions:
no blink timer
leaf start / stop times set 12 PM to 6 AM @ 80%.
Car remains plugged in.
When I check the leaf status via carwings it starts charging again only to cycle back off within 60 seconds triggering another email.

Anyone else notice this behavior?

i manually charge to obtain an estimated SOC of 80-90% so dont have this, but it sounds like pack re-balancing.

a few have reported a charge completed then a brief current spike recorded later in the night.

bowthom said:
Yes ... and I've told Nissan about it. Try changing to 100% just for a couple of cycles; in my case it goes back to a single notification.

(And I get the multiple notification even without an intervening status update; but only on 80% timed charging. Using "A" software; vin 215.)

bowthom said:
Hello,
So I've been trying to figure out why I get multiple "charging stopped" notifications after the charge cycle has completed.
Conditions:
no blink timer
leaf start / stop times set 12 PM to 6 AM @ 80%.
Car remains plugged in.
When I check the leaf status via carwings it starts charging again only to cycle back off within 60 seconds triggering another email.

That is kinda strange, but since CARWINGS is controlling the 80% charging it might be cycling through and beginning charging, deciding that it has enough charge, and turning off the charging after you request the status.

one thing i noticed today was my Leaf connecting to Carwings to update. this is first time i have seen this in probably a month. before it connected and Carwings Lady came on and told me about my efficiency. that stopped for some unknown reason. but this time it connected, no carwings lady. so i immediately went to check my here to now, not updated charging locations and sure enough!! had 3 added!!

so, now the Northwest has the updates! but still curious that no Tacoma stations showed up. all that were added were greater than 48 miles away??

Back