Carwings

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup Vin , carwings, owners portal and checklist

Week of November 8th just like you

I would think its been built

In fact I would say both of our cars were built Friday?
or at the most about 1 to 2 weeks ago

2012 production prob started 1st day of septemberish

our cars will prob be on the water by next week ?

I am guessing here

what do you think>?

Since the subject of the thread is Carwings I have a question. I was looking at my ranking and I am a sliver in my region. The top persons average is 21.9 kw/h. How the hell does someone get that kind of average? Or is there some cheating going on?

marccbr said:
Since the subject of the thread is Carwings I have a question. I was looking at my ranking and I am a sliver in my region. The top persons average is 21.9 kw/h. How the hell does someone get that kind of average? Or is there some cheating going on?

There is definitely some kind of cheating going on which IMO is pathetic. If someone wants to be number one that badly by coasting down long hills and then turning off the CarWings at the bottom or putting it up and just spinning the wheels without using the energy from the motor, they will realize it means nothing. The best I've done is 16.2m/kW h on CarWings and that was a 15 mile loop at 15mph to see how someone could save themselves in an emergency (VLB) and get them home or to a charging station. I believe I was number one that day. The actual m/kW h was 9.1. There is a 'fix' that you can get at your dealer to correct the overinflated numbers, but there will still be drivers cheating even after that.

Has anyone gotten messages from Carwings in the last week that it's not working for their account? I stopped getting text messages (finished charging) a few days ago. Today, I could not log on through the owners portal. Has this happened to anyone else?

If you Nav display shows a disabled car download then check out the reboot thread --> http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3964" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And another similar thread --> http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=136038" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would recommend the fuse F34 reset and I hope it fixes your problem.

My car and carwings stopped communicating at one point. Used Carwings on the Nav unit to reestablish contact. Don't remember the specifics though. Must have been easy if I figured it out. :eek:

My carwings texts also stopped suddenly a couple days ago. I could log into the owner's portal but trying to access the Leaf status displayed the following:

Your CARWINGS™ PIN is no longer associated with the VIN in our records. This may be a result of entering your CARWINGS™ PIN and password in the navigation system of a different LEAF™ than the one originally assigned to you. Until the PIN and VIN are validated, you will be unable to use the CARWINGS™ functionality through My Nissan. Please contact our call center at 877-NO GAS EV (664-2738) for help.

The call center said they had to reset all my data and recreate my account. So now, I lost all my data and still have lost my ability to get any status. Will next try from the Nav display.

How did this resolve? Yesterday I stated getting the failed to connect and today I get the no account message when I try to download data. The online site has the same msg as you received.

Back