CCS2 - Chademo adapter information

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New chargers with CCS2 and Chademo are still appearing in the UK; and there is at least one UK company retrofitting CCS2 connectors alongside Chademo on Nissan Leafs and the NV200 vans; I havent got the place bookmarked though - might be Cleverly Motors, near Gloucester.
A lot of the new CHAdeMO chargers in Britain are single units at locations with 2 to 8 CCS2 chargers (typical for Sainsbury supermarkets' Smart Charge brand, for example). Until very recently, Gridserve included at least one Chad at every location, but some of their new places don't. I don't mind planning to stop at a single-charger site, provided there's another, a Plan B, a short distance away in case of queues or technical faults. Just don't include GeniePoint in any such plans: far too many of them are out of order.

Hi, my name is Ian and I dont actually own a Leaf; I DO have a question about the CC2-Chademo adapters though; and the Leaf being the most popular car using CHADEMO (I own a Kia Soul); I thought this was the most likely place to find an answer.

I have been trying to find an up to date list of tested and compatible chargers for the original "longgood" made adapters; the Alibaba page's list has not been updated all year, and neither has the list on the various UK/EU resellers that I have found (several of whom look extremely dodgy).

Could anyone owning the adapter give me the website details of where their firmware comes from, so I can see if there is a list there? Or does anyone know of a community list I can download.

My area doesnt have the best coverage for DC chargers, so I dont want to blow effectively £1,000 and find none of the few within 20 miles will actually work (I live on disability payments, but missed out by 2 points on getting a Motability car).
Hello , I am from Sixpenceev,one of the CCS2 to CHAdeMO Adapters distrubotor.After many customers' feedback and testing and updated firmware, our adapters are very compatible now. You could search our Facebook or YouTube page to check more videos if you want to know more.

From what I have read, and what has been discussed here, I wouldn't want to "count on" the adapters being sold currently. They may or may not work and may or may not last long. People have had problems.
This sounds like a scare tactic. Maybe some have had problems, which by now could be resolved. I've read nowhere about the A2ZEV adapter having problems. I don't know why you and a couple of others on this forum seem to have something against adapters. Your statement about not lasting long is total speculation with nothing to back this up. People have problems with their leaf and they might not last long also. But you have one!

This sounds like a scare tactic. Maybe some have had problems, which by now could be resolved. I've read nowhere about the A2ZEV adapter having problems. I don't know why you and a couple of others on this forum seem to have something against adapters. Your statement about not lasting long is total speculation with nothing to back this up. People have problems with their leaf and they might not last long also. But you have one!
Not at all, at the time that was written the 1st results showed some problems. This was before the adaptor you mention was available and had some use time.
Early adaptors had some problems, again at that time, I wouldn't have wanted to count on one.
There are still who report having some problems, but much less than were reported in the past.

Fair enough. Apologies - that was 3 months ago. To be accurate, A2Z adapters had been out about a month at that time

I purchased an A2ZEV and I hope it doesn't have problems and lasts long. I don't need it any time soon but I wasn't sure if the price would ever drop (or go up) or if the $100 off coupon would expire.

Back