Charging at Kohls Santa Clarita, CA

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DTB

We were running low this weekend so we stopped off at the Kohl’s in Santa Clarita to use their Chargepoint. The store is located off the 14 fwy just past the 5 fwy interchange, at the Golden Valley exit. Chargepoint showed “available” which of course it was since it was blocked by an Expedition and a Trailblazer. In those driver’s defense, the charger is located near the entrance, hidden inconspicuously in the bushes with just a little Kohl’s sign saying something like, “feel free to charge while you shop”. Plus the sign is next to the parking spaces, not in front of them so it's easy to just not notice it. The cord can reach to two more adjacent spaces (which were also being used when we showed up). We waited about ten minutes at which time one of the four cars left so I was able to move over and plug-in. We spoke with the store manager to let them know that we appreciate the charger however they need to improve the signage and emphasize EV charging only.

Have done the same several times, at least the charger reaches 4 spaces, but there is no signage to discourage it from being ICED. That sign you mentioned was actually put in within the last month, before that no signage at all .

I make sure when I go there I let them I know I am there because of the charger. Also a Panera Bread and target in the same shopping center.

-Matt

Back