Charging Timer Software

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee

The charging timer software, with a start and stop time, does not allow you to block out peak hours. For example, my peak hours are 12 noon to 6 PM Mon-Fri, with no peak hours on Sat and Sun. I cannot insert a 6PM start time and still be able to charge before 12noon. Or, if I select start at midnight and end at noon, the car will not charge from 6PM to midnight! The timer software should allow you to apply a charge/no-charge schedule to each hour of the day and apply that schedule to selected days of the week.

If you enter 6pm as a start time and noon as an end time, then it should start charging at 6pm and stop charging at noon. Is this not happening? Also remember you have two charging timers, so you can set one for weekdays and another for weekends. It was very confusing for me to figure out too, but it is possible. Basically you would set timer 1 to start at 6pm and end at noon, and you would select monday through friday. Then you could set timer 2 to start at 12:30pm and end at noon, and select sat and sun. Now make sure both timers are on. In the event you want to override the timers and start charging immediately, turn off the car, then press the timer off button, and then plug in the charging cord.

To block out peak charging hours e.g. 2PM to 7PM will require a two event timer where the stop time for first event is 2PM and start time for second event is 7PM. There are two timers but they can only be assigned to separate days. I suppose a mode could be established to cascade the timers where timer 1 controls first event and timer 2 controls second event.

Lee said:
The charging timer software, with a start and stop time, does not allow you to block out peak hours. For example, my peak hours are 12 noon to 6 PM Mon-Fri, with no peak hours on Sat and Sun. I cannot insert a 6PM start time and still be able to charge before 12noon. Or, if I select start at midnight and end at noon, the car will not charge from 6PM to midnight! The timer software should allow you to apply a charge/no-charge schedule to each hour of the day and apply that schedule to selected days of the week.

Try setting the start time to 6PM and the end time to noon.

Back