COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opps guess I offended someone who found out they aren't essential.
Not sorry.

It is going pretty good. The plandemic has catapulted my ebay store from an above standard seller with a $5,000 monthly limit to where I sold maybe $500 a month max and maybe, $3,000 per year, to a top rated seller with a $17,000 per month limit and $17,000 per month is barely enough.
If I thought this plandemic **** would go on forever I would quit my job, sell **** on ebay full time and live life like a rap music video.
I haven't even touched a the pile that can't be sold on ebay (stuff for armslist and gun broker) as I find it gets more valuable the closer we get to the election.

Oilpan4 said:
Nope my job won't change.
At my work they put up motivational posters saying "everyone is essential".
I'm going to have to call BS on that.
Trumpvirus has proven that to be the opposite beyond any doubt.

Anytime a boss tells you you're indispensable, ask for a 3X raise in salary. It usually shuts that talk down right quickly.

LeftieBiker said:
Fauci and the CDC share almost as much blame on this as Someone With Tiny Hands. If they had just issued the guidance from the start that everyone wear a mask when out in public, we could have avoided a LOT of deaths. Fauci may have great credentials, but his dancing around trying to keep his job while at the same time trying to mitigate Someone With Tiny Hands's disastrous example has resulted in far too much confusion. As it is I have to wonder if they really believed that children weren't spreading COVID 19 as they do any other airborne virus, or if that was some sort of concession to the Someone With Tiny Hands administration...

haha I have the same app on my google ....

Florida moving into Phase 3 of reopening, no limitations on restaurants
https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/florida-moving-into-phase-3-of-reopening-no-limitations-on-restaurants

Super Bowl LV: Gov. Ron DeSantis expects the big game to be fully packed at Raymond James Stadium
https://www.abcactionnews.com/sports/super-bowl/super-bowl-lv-gov-ron-desantis-expects-the-big-game-to-be-fully-packed-at-raymond-james-stadium
During Friday's press conference in St. Petersburg, Gov. DeSantis said he is expecting Raymond James Stadium to be fully packed on February 7, 2021, when the big game kicks off.
Crazy!

As of right now, per https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/, FL had the 2nd highest # of COVID-19 deaths yesterday in the country with about 54% the population of California. They had 120 COVID-19 deaths whereas CA with almost twice the population had 133.

Nubo said:
Oilpan4 said:
Nope my job won't change.
At my work they put up motivational posters saying "everyone is essential".
I'm going to have to call BS on that.
Trumpvirus has proven that to be the opposite beyond any doubt.

Anytime a boss tells you you're indispensable, ask for a 3X raise in salary. It usually shuts that talk down right quickly.

Yeah my boss always talks about how important everyone is and I said maybe we should all get a $1 an hour raise which would only be about 4% and has yet to mention it again.

Athena Akrami’s neuroscience lab reopened last month without her. Life for the 38-year-old is a pale shadow of what it was before 17 March, the day she first experienced symptoms of the novel coronavirus. At University College London (UCL), Akrami’s students probe how the brain organizes memories to support learning, but at home, she struggles to think clearly and battles joint and muscle pain. “I used to go to the gym three times a week,” Akrami says. Now, “My physical activity is bed to couch, maybe couch to kitchen.”

Her early symptoms were textbook for COVID-19: a fever and cough, followed by shortness of breath, chest pain, and extreme fatigue. For weeks, she struggled to heal at home. But rather than ebb with time, Akrami’s symptoms waxed and waned without ever going away. She’s had just 3 weeks since March when her body temperature was normal.

“Everybody talks about a binary situation, you either get it mild and recover quickly, or you get really sick and wind up in the ICU,” says Akrami, who falls into neither category. Thousands echo her story in online COVID-19 support groups. Outpatient clinics for survivors are springing up, and some are already overburdened. Akrami has been waiting more than 4 weeks to be seen at one of them, despite a referral from her general practitioner.

The list of lingering maladies from COVID-19 is longer and more varied than most doctors could have imagined. Ongoing problems include fatigue, a racing heartbeat, shortness of breath, achy joints, foggy thinking, a persistent loss of sense of smell, and damage to the heart, lungs, kidneys, and brain.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/07/brain-fog-heart-damage-covid-19-s-lingering-problems-alarm-scientists

Yeah, but it only affects old people, with heart conditions, according to DJT.

Once again, reality (and science) rears its ugly head. 55k new confirmed cases on Friday.

In FEBRUARY, DJT said it will go away, because of the heat of seasonal change. FEBRUARY...7 months ago.

I just don't understand how DJT is supported by anyone (which includes most of my siblings.).

Driving kills way more people in the >44 age than trumpvirus, yet no one is proposing a car ban or driving lockdown to save lives.
Sounds like we need to lockdown people over the age of 65 for their own protection, you know so they wont catch trumpvirus when the go vote for djt.

I heard on the radio an 80 year old man died of trumpvirus here yesterday. I'm sure it was trumps fault that his grandkids gave it to him.

Oilpan4 said:
Driving kills way more people in the >44 age than trumpvirus, yet no one is proposing a car ban or driving lockdown to save lives.
Sounds like we need to lockdown people over the age of 65 for their own protection, you know so they wont catch trumpvirus when the go vote for djt.

I heard on the radio an 80 year old man died of trumpvirus here yesterday. I'm sure it was trumps fault that his grandkids gave it to him.
Lockdown people over age 65 means that the reasons why the people over age 65 enjoy life, like visiting the grandkids, are not available to them.

Trump knew the threat that coronavirus posed, he told Woodward about that. Trump lied to the American people and said "its going away".

And went and played golf.

WetEV said:
Oilpan4 said:

Lockdown people over age 65 means that the reasons why the people over age 65 enjoy life, like visiting the grandkids, are not available to them.

Trump knew the threat that coronavirus posed, he told Woodward about that. Trump lied to the American people and said "its going away".

And went and played golf.
Oh, and Trump is still lying about the threat.
And he doesn't care about anyone.
https://youtu.be/mVPtLJ9qJDw

Oilpan4 said:
Sounds like we need to lockdown people over the age of 65 for their own protection...

Your argument against intervention fails completely. There have been numerous mandates to improve automobile safety, and both deaths per population and deaths per mile travelled have improved steadily for the last 50 years as a result. Somebody should do something? Hell yes, and they have done.

Furthermore, the death rate from automobile accidents is under 40,000 per year, with age group over 44 being just a fraction of that (young drivers being well-represented). We've had over 200,000 Covid19 deaths just since March, the majority being over 44 as you state. Yours is one of the more curious uses of "way more" I've run across.

We're not paying attention here.

The GOP has it figured out (courtesy of Brave New World, although for sure, DJT never read it, or anything):

1) Remain calm about covid19, open restaurants and bars w/o restrictions, have large rallies for Trump, ignore the the 200k (and growing) deaths.

2) Appoint another GOP/Trump loyalist to SCOTUS, roll back Roe v. Wade, force the underprivileged to have unwanted babies, creating an endless source of minimum-wage workers to replace the 200k+ dead.

Makes sense to me. "Fair and Balanced" Terrifying, horrifying, but...(FYI, personally, I abhor the concept of abortion, but I'm still pro-choice.)

Death count of coronavirus is likely an under count.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/28/official-coronavirus-death-toll-is-likely-an-underestimate-of-the-true-total-who-says.html

Trump doesn't care.

gncndad said:

The GOP has it figured out (courtesy of Brave New World, although for sure, DJT never read it, or anything):

1) Remain calm about covid19, open restaurants and bars w/o restrictions, have large rallies for Trump, ignore the the 200k (and growing) deaths.

2) Appoint another GOP/Trump loyalist to SCOTUS, roll back Roe v. Wade, force the underprivileged to have unwanted babies, creating an endless source of minimum-wage workers to replace the 200k+ dead.

Makes sense to me. "Fair and Balanced" Terrifying, horrifying, but...(FYI, personally, I abhor the concept of abortion, but I'm still pro-choice.)

Sounds good.
But I hope they leave R vs W alone. It's the only thing keeping the loser population in check. I'm pro-don't-give-a-**** and anti paying for other people's mistakes, poor choices, what they did when they got so drunk they can't remember, ect, ect.

Positive Covid-19 test rates top 25% in some U.S. Midwest states
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/28/positive-covid-19-test-rates-top-25percent-in-some-us-midwest-states.html

gncndad said:

Another item: Since many of the the virus deaths are people at or near retirement age, the GOP ignoring those deaths will reduce Social Security and other retirement system payouts. Is this how they plan to keep the temporary reduction in payroll taxes from bankrupting the Social Security system and allow private companies to pump up their stock prices at the expense of funding retirement systems?

Back