COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oilpan4 said:
Sounds good.
But I hope they leave R vs W alone. It's the only thing keeping the loser population in check. I'm pro-don't-give-a-**** and anti paying for other people's mistakes, poor choices, what they did when they got so drunk they can't remember, ect, ect.

Roe v Wade doesn't require the government to PAY for an abortion, it simply makes it legal, within the first 90 days, legal in the second 90 days when the fetus OR the woman is at risk, and ILLEGAL during the last 90 days. It's intent isn't to create a casual attitude about abortion, simply protecting womens' right to choose.

Your second and third sentences are entirely inappropriate, and should be removed by a moderator.

I wonder if biden will reveal his plan for how he would have handled the trumpvirus by not closing the borders and kept anyone from dieing from it.
To donkeysp anyone he doesn'tagree with is a troll.

gncndad said:
Oilpan4 said:
Sounds good.
But I hope they leave R vs W alone. It's the only thing keeping the loser population in check. I'm pro-don't-give-a-**** and anti paying for other people's mistakes, poor choices, what they did when they got so drunk they can't remember, ect, ect.

Roe v Wade doesn't require the government to PAY for an abortion, it simply makes it legal, within the first 90 days, legal in the second 90 days when the fetus OR the woman is at risk, and ILLEGAL during the last 90 days. It's intent isn't to create a casual attitude about abortion, simply protecting womens' right to choose.

Your second and third sentences are entirely inappropriate, and should be removed by a moderator.
I really wish the republicans would allow them to use tax payer dollars and shut up about it already.
Definitely be careful what you wish for you might get it. If they they do ban abortion the country will be over run with drug addicted useful idiots who don't want to work in about 2 generations.
I probably wouldn't delete my comments anyway but since you quoted me, well now there really is no point.

Oilpan4 said:
I wonder if biden will reveal his plan for how he would have handled the trumpvirus by not closing the borders and kept anyone from dieing from it.

Maybe the pandemic plan that Trump threw away might have done better... What you think?
Better isn't perfect.
Not one death? Not likely. Half as many? A hundred thousand fewer deaths? Yea, Canada did better than this, per capita.
How about as good as Germany? We would have had 38,000 deaths.
How about as good as Taiwan? The USA would have had about 99 deaths.

I'm good with not destroying the economy.
Can't stay shutdown forever.
Whats the alternative shut down until you can force everyone to take a vaccine, no thanks. I'll take my chances with the virus (which I have already had).

Oilpan4 said:
I'm good with not destroying the economy.
Can't stay shutdown forever.
Whats the alternative shut down until you can force everyone to take a vaccine, no thanks. I'll take my chances with the virus (which I have already had).
The alternative is to test and isolate, like Taiwan, South Korea, Australia, Germany, New Zealand, etc.. When the number of cases is low enough, you can do almost anything, wearing a mask while in crowds. South Korea you could go watch a baseball game in person. Can't shout, cheer or boo, and need to wear a mask.

It is really amazing how incompetent the USA's response has been. Started at the top.

If wearing masks works so well then how didn't that nursing home worker give trump virus to 30+ people at nursing home in maine?

Oilpan4 said:
If wearing masks works so well then how didn't that nursing home worker give trump virus to 30+ people at nursing home in maine?

They don't have to be perfect to be effective. Capisce?

Not everyone does a good job of wearing them. I (reluctantly) went to a doctor's appointment on Monday. The place was as crowded as is allowed now. I was sitting in the waiting area when I heard heavy breathing. I looked up, and saw a somewhat obese guy in a mask, sitting about 12' from me, holding the mask up so he could gasp for air. Seeing me look, he lowered it again. Now if there had been unmasked people in the waiting area - or people wearing crappy cloth masks - there would have been new infections if he had the virus. I really hope that he didn't. Remember the hairdresser who worked with something like 35 people while infected but masked? Zero associated cases of COVID 19.

Not perfect? More like catastrophic failure.
Seems like people who are sick and the elderly need to be locked down.

Oilpan4 said:
Not perfect? More like catastrophic failure.
Seems like people who are sick and the elderly need to be locked down.
Perfection isn't required.

Locking grandma away from grand kids? Might as well kill her.

https://youtu.be/mVPtLJ9qJDw

According to that it sounds like we should lock up all the elderly and high risk so the rest of us can get on with our lives.

It's not bothering me. I could do this for at least another year. I made a ton of money off the plandemic panicked. I advanced my retirement savings several years since spring. I will probably double that again between now and the election.

Oilpan4 said:
According to that it sounds like we should lock up all the elderly and high risk so the rest of us can get on with our lives.

Is that your final solution... er.. answer? Let's not be hasty. Surely there are other categories of human beings whose existence pose an inconvenience to you and could use locking up?

Coronavirus vaccine trial participants report day-long exhaustion, fever and headaches — but say it’s worth it
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/01/coronavirus-vaccine-trial-participants-exhaustion-fever-headaches.html
High fever, body aches, headaches and exhaustion are some of the symptoms participants in Moderna and Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine trials say they felt after receiving the shots.
While the symptoms were uncomfortable, and at times intense, they often went away after a day, sometimes less.
The phase three trials are a critical last step needed to get the vaccines cleared for distribution.

According to that video it sounds like people over the age of 65 need to be locked up so they don't endanger them selves by going out and doing stupid things like voting for trump.

The other group I would like to see locked up is violent criminals, drunk drivers, ect. No lockup for dope smokers.

cwerdna said:
Coronavirus vaccine trial participants report day-long exhaustion, fever and headaches — but say it’s worth it
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/01/coronavirus-vaccine-trial-participants-exhaustion-fever-headaches.html
High fever, body aches, headaches and exhaustion are some of the symptoms participants in Moderna and Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine trials say they felt after receiving the shots.
While the symptoms were uncomfortable, and at times intense, they often went away after a day, sometimes less.
The phase three trials are a critical last step needed to get the vaccines cleared for distribution.

Sounds mild compared to the h1n1 vaccine.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/amazon-says-nearly-20-000-u-s-employees-have-contracted-n1241746
Amazon said Thursday that 19,816 of its U.S. employees have tested positive or are presumed positive for Covid-19.

The announcement, part of a blog post published by Amazon, offers the public's first national overview of how the pandemic has hit the company's sizable domestic workforce through September 19.

According to Amazon's calculations, the company's infection rate is 42 percent lower than expected based on the general population.

"Based on this analysis, if the rate among Amazon and Whole Foods Market employees were the same as it is for the general population rate, we estimate that we would have seen 33,952 cases among our workforce," the company wrote. "In reality, 19,816 employees have tested positive or been presumed positive for COVID-19 — 42% lower than the expected number."
Their blog entry also says:
“We have done a thorough analysis of data on all 1,372,000 Amazon and Whole Foods Market front-line employees across the U.S. employed at any time from March 1 to September 19, 2020….”

Hope Hicks, one of President Trump's closest advisers, tests positive for coronavirus
Hicks traveled with the president to and from Tuesday's first debate.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hope-hicks-president-trumps-closest-advisers-tests-positive/story?id=73377363

Yet another person from the inner circle...

Back