COVID-19 aka 2019 (and 2020) Novel Coronavirus

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not afraid of it. I suspected we had it back in march. Then when some old man coughed on my wife while she was trying to nuke him she was freaking out for 3 or 4 days.
That dude died like a week later and my wife started freaking out all over again, got a little sick from strep but never sick from trumpvirus. But God damn she was stressing out.
I was like "if I die then I die". I guess that's what spending years in foreverwar combat zones does to you.
I spent so much time in Afghanistan I told my parents I was just going to get a second home over there and they believed it.

The POTUS fast recovery goes right in line with what the Dr.s have said all along. Got to catch it early.
So get tested for trumpvirus if you think you have any symptoms or find out you have been around someone with it. Or you can just not and try to die before the election to help get that number up.

Oilpan4 said:
The POTUS fast recovery goes right in line with what the Dr.s have said all along. Got to catch it early.
So get tested for trumpvirus if you think you have any symptoms or find out you have been around someone with it. Or you can just not and try to die before the election to help get that number up.
Yep. Test daily and if positive take a chopper to one of the very best hospitals, with a crowd of doctors dedicated to just you and get drugs and the very best of treatment available to almost no one and I'm sure you would be just fine. Yep Yep Yep.

And best of all, no co-pay.

WetEV said:
Oilpan4 said:
Yep. Test daily and if positive take a chopper to one of the very best hospitals, with a crowd of doctors dedicated to just you and get drugs and the very best of treatment available to almost no one and I'm sure you would be just fine. Yep Yep Yep.

And best of all, no co-pay.

Now, THAT'S funny!!!

Whether or not anyone is "afraid" of covid19 isn't the issue. The issue is containing the virus. Period. That responsibility falls on each and every one of us, regardless of any other factors. "Testing" accomplishes nothing but creating a false sense of security, since AFAIK, the best tests have a 10-20% false negative. Testing doesn't show the early phase of having the disease.

American arrogance, stubbornness, and pride are the reasons we continue to strive to be "NUMBER ONE" in the per capita death rate.

downeykp said:
Who could believe that as a country 40% of the people can be so stupid? Yep we are #1.

I'm friends with many of the 40%. I'm surrounded by them, here in TX. I still just don't understand how they can support any person, in ANY occupation, that has amassed 20,000 lies in a 47 month period. Architect? Pilot? Carpenter? Mason? Professor? Garbage collector?

After the first half-dozen lies, they'd be terminated.

gncndad said:
downeykp said:
Who could believe that as a country 40% of the people can be so stupid? Yep we are #1.

I'm friends with many of the 40%. I'm surrounded by them, here in TX. I still just don't understand how they can support any person, in ANY occupation, that has amassed 20,000 lies in a 47 month period. Architect? Pilot? Carpenter? Mason? Professor? Garbage collector?

They see it as a comedic performance and they're all in on the joke. Anyone taking what he says literally is a fool in their eyes. Trolling liberals while stacking the courts is more than they ever really hoped to achieve and the ends justify almost any means, it would seem. And also it is partly about desperation, imho. White Americans will become a minority fairly soon and I think that terrifies some people. The Trump Presidency is a last-stand in some ways.

"Testing" accomplishes nothing but creating a false sense of security, since AFAIK, the best tests have a 10-20% false negative. Testing doesn't show the early phase of having the disease.

Testing is vital to the people who have to implement restrictions like lockdowns and capacity limits, because it tells them where the virus is getting out of control, and where it currently isn't.

LeftieBiker said:
"Testing" accomplishes nothing but creating a false sense of security, since AFAIK, the best tests have a 10-20% false negative. Testing doesn't show the early phase of having the disease.

Testing is vital to the people who have to implement restrictions like lockdowns and capacity limits, because it tells them where the virus is getting out of control, and where it currently isn't.

Thanks for correcting my oversimplification. You're completely correct. I should have said that, in ADDITION to (insert your text here), it sadly can create (my text here.)

Nubo said:
gncndad said:
downeykp said:

They see it as a comedic performance and they're all in on the joke. Anyone taking what he says literally is a fool in their eyes. Trolling liberals while stacking the courts is more than they ever really hoped to achieve and the ends justify almost any means, it would seem. And also it is partly about desperation, imho. White Americans will become a minority fairly soon and I think that terrifies some people. The Trump Presidency is a last-stand in some ways.

I was no strong fan of Hilary, but seriously, the 2016 election reminded me of a rowdy high school election for student govt. representation, when the athletic jock won over the bespectacled intellectual.

I think anyone with a functioning brain would have been better than this imbecile. Hopefully this nightmare will end in 4 weeks and we can start the healing process. The Russians I am hoping will have hell to pay.

Top White House aide Stephen Miller tests positive for Covid-19
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/06/politics/stephen-miller-tests-positive-coronavirus/index.html

Hopefully this nightmare will end in 4 weeks

I think that that's being a bit too optimistic. The best case scenario is: Biden wins in a relative landslide, but Trump takes it to court anyway. In the absolute best case, the Supreme Court then refuses to hear it. More likely they take a week or so, and then agonize over whether they can get away with ruling in Trump's favor, a la Shrub's case in 2000. Hopefully, Roberts will be able to get 5 No votes against Trump.

That's the best case...

I got my maxi-scooter inspected today, at the local bike (mostly Harley) shop. No masks in sight other than my KN-95 and glasses. I was going to tip them a few bucks if they were masked, but instead I ended up paying the exact $6.00 inspection fee.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-54430926 was mentioned on ABC News earlier
Several other members of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, which runs the US military branches, are also self-isolating and working from home.

One of the five military aides that travels with the president - (it’s their job to carry the suitcase containing the nuclear launch codes known as “the football”) - tested positive earlier today.

The newly infected military aide is reportedly a member of the Coast Guard. The Vice Commandant of the US Coast Guard, Admiral Charles Ray tested positive, according to a statement released today.

Over the weekend, one of Trump’s military valets also tested positive, US media reported on Tuesday.
Pentagon's top military leaders quarantining after Coast Guard admiral tests positive for COVID-19
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pentagons-top-military-leaders-quarantining-coast-guard-admiral/story?id=73454458

LeftieBiker said:

I think that that's being a bit too optimistic. The best case scenario is: Biden wins in a relative landslide, but Trump takes it to court anyway. In the absolute best case, the Supreme Court then refuses to hear it. More likely they take a week or so, and then agonize over whether they can get away with ruling in Trump's favor, a la Shrub's case in 2000. Hopefully, Roberts will be able to get 5 No votes against Trump.

That's the best case...

Most states you have to be within a set amount to even ask for a recount. Right now five thirty eight has the odds around 83 to 17% against Trump. I'm not sure Trump will have legal standing in enough states to bring cases to the court over recounts to get a win, via court anyway.

danrjones said:
LeftieBiker said:

That's the best case...

Most states you have to be within a set amount to even ask for a recount. Right now five thirty eight has the odds around 83 to 17% against Trump. I'm not sure Trump will have legal standing in enough states to bring cases to the court over recounts to get a win, via court anyway.
Read the Constitution. Supreme Court doesn't need to be involved at all.

Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled...

The Legislature of a State or two might meet after the election, vote to call the election results flawed, and select Electors. By the Legislature, as was done in some States in early years. If this is one State it would be easier to get away with it, especially if the result is close. On the other hand, if Trump loses all States but Wyoming, then it would seem less likely.

In all elections from 1792 to 1860, South Carolina did not conduct a popular vote. Each Elector was appointed by the state legislature.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_elections_in_South_Carolina

Republicans control enough State Legislatures to elect a President regardless of popular vote. Don't forget down ballot races.

Rules are for little people.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/07/trump-advisor-corey-lewandowski-spotted-without-mask-after-coronavirus-concern.html

WetEV said:
danrjones said:
LeftieBiker said:

That's the best case...

Read the Constitution. Supreme Court doesn't need to be involved at all.

Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled...

The Legislature of a State or two might meet after the election, vote to call the election results flawed, and select Electors. By the Legislature, as was done in some States in early years. If this is one State it would be easier to get away with it, especially if the result is close. On the other hand, if Trump loses all States but Wyoming, then it would seem less likely.

In all elections from 1792 to 1860, South Carolina did not conduct a popular vote. Each Elector was appointed by the state legislature.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_elections_in_South_Carolina

Republicans control enough State Legislatures to elect a President regardless of popular vote. Don't forget down ballot races.

Yes indeed the states don't constitutionally have to use the popular vote of the state, though some states have individual law saying they must follow the popular vote. Don't know which ones off hand.

I just was referring to needing court standing to bring it before the supreme court. There certainly are other ways to cheat. But if that happened, you can pretty much kiss the United states goodbye.

Back