Detroit Metro Area Leaf Drivers?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrench01

I have had my Pearl White 2013 Leaf SV for almost 2 weeks now and I haven't seen another in the Saint Clair Shores area of the Detroit Metro Area (other than the Red SV the dealer has). Then yesterday I saw a blue one buzzing down the road. Anyone else in the Metro area have a Leaf? I can tell you in my tiny neighborhood, I get tons of oddball stares when I drive it around town! LOL

I was absolutely surprised as to how many Level 2 chargers there are in the Metro Area. Nissan Technical Center North America is located about 30miles west of where I live (Farmington Hills, MI) and they have a Level 3 QC unit on their campus for public free charging as well as multiple Level 2 stations. Interesting that the Leaf's Carwings Navi didn't have that location & charging stations on the map's POI, being that it's public AND it's at Nissan's Tech Center! :D PlugShare and ChargePoint show a ton of charging stations all around the Metro Area. I think the reason why so many charging stations are popping up around the Detroit Area is due to the Chevy Volt. With employee pricing, and tons of GM employees, I am willing to be a LARGE number of Volts are sold / leased here.

My local dealer Jeffery Nissan in Roseville Michigan assures me they have sold ~15 this year alone in the area. So..... where are all the Leaf's hiding?? ;)

Mike R

Holla!

I am in Lansing, not exactly Metro Detroit. However, my wife and I grew up there and visit somewhat often. There are almost 0 Leaves in my area too; I get lots of stares and some harassment from friends and family. Because this car does not limit me as they predicted I am starting to change minds... espically when gas was $4.30 in my area for like 3 weeks.

Notable trips made in the Leaf this spring/summer

All starting from Lansing:
Detroit Zoo (1)
Belleville (3)
Chesterfield (needed to stop in Milford for lunch & charge)
Ann Arbor (2)
Whitmore Lake (2)
Plymouth (1)
Livonia (1)(Schoolcraft College had an EV show on June 8! lots of EV's!)
South Lyon (1)
Farmington Hills (1)(yes to visit the only QC in Michigan!)
Kalamazoo (1)(WMU Solar Array & EV charging)

Most of these trips required charging at my destination to get back. Very fun times! Enjoy your new Leaf!

Back