DFW Metroplex

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just moved out of the DFW Area to FL, where there are NO eVgo stations anywhere. I have free charging at eVgo stations in TX until the end of the year (Oct), so if anyone can HONESTLY USE IT, msg me and I'll send you my key fob. I'm not asking for anything in return.

Stanton said:
None: the city just plopped (3) L2 Aero Environment EVSE's down in their parking lot.
Yep - I saw the photo somebody added to plugshare. They are just the regular aerovironment "dumb" EVSE like Nissan dealers typically use. Which, by the way, I think is a GREAT decision if somebody is going to give away the service for free. Those type of stations are much more reliable and much cheaper than chargepoint, blink, etc. And they are faster and more convenient to use.

Ok updates:

Three modifications and two new stations

Mods:

YMCA Town North #75 (Blink) - evse increase from 1 to 2
TI SC Bldg Lot #10 (Blink) - evse increase from 2 to 4
VHA Place (Blink) - evse decrease from 2 to 1

new stations:

TI SC Bldg
Blink – Two Level 2 (J1772)
13592 North Central Expressway
Dallas, TX 75243

Farmers Branch City Hall
Independent – Three Level 2 (J1772)
13000 William Dodson Parkway
Farmers Branch, TX 75234

I was checking Pipcecil's map and saw that Autonation Nissan in Lewisville now has a Level 3 charger? Can anyone confirm that? I've got to take my car to a trucking company in Lewisville in the next two days and I will need to charge it up once I drive over there from McKinney/Frisco area. It would sure be nice if I can recharge it in a half hour rather than in several. Let me know if you have any details about the CHAdeMO charger there.

vrwl said:
I was checking Pipcecil's map and saw that Autonation Nissan in Lewisville now has a Level 3 charger? Can anyone confirm that? I've got to take my car to a trucking company in Lewisville in the next two days and I will need to charge it up once I drive over there from McKinney/Frisco area. It would sure be nice if I can recharge it in a half hour rather than in several. Let me know if you have any details about the CHAdeMO charger there.

While I can't personally vouch, I looked on plugshare and it shows a Chademo charger there and even has a photo of it. So I'd say there is a 99.9% likelihood that it is there. Whether it is functional or not, who knows.

Hmmm, good point. I guess I should probably call the dealership to make sure it's functional before counting on having those extra hours in my day. At this late date (we leave town permanently for PA on Friday morning pre-dawn), I can't afford to have any scheduling mistakes or time issues.

YES. They do have it and operational. I picked up my plates for my new Leaf a month ago and they were eager to demonstrate it to me on my Leaf, but I was in a hurry and declined.

mkjayakumar said:
YES. They do have it and operational. I picked up my plates for my new Leaf a month ago and they were eager to demonstrate it to me on my Leaf, but I was in a hurry and declined.

Thx, is it located near their lvl 2 charging stations?

Not much changed this week:

Removals:

Dallas Parking Garage - L2 (Blink): Station was removed. Most likely it has been marked as completely private.

Just an update.

We drove by city hall in Farmers Branch (just off I-35) and as our board leader noted, there are 3 charging stations AND reserved parking spaces for charging.

The stations are free for the public.

new updates for this week:

Two new stations:

Weatherford KOA
Independent – Two Level 2 (NEMA 14-50), Two Level 1 (NEMA 5-20)
2205 Top Tin Road
Weatherford, TX 76087

Chuck Fairbanks Chevrolet
Independent – One Level 2 (J1772)
629 North IH 35E
DeSoto, TX 75115

Two new station locations this week:

Verizon Communications 1
ChargePoint – Two Level 2 (J1772)
600 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038

Verizon Communications 2
ChargePoint – Two Level 2 (J1772)
700 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038

Thanks to all who keep this group active and for posting charging locations.

Today AGAIN I went from Dallas to Denton, but this time I had my oldest brother and his wife in the Leaf. Keeping my speed at 60 mph, and running the air conditioning, we made it to Triangle Mall with 53% (started at 100%). We charged up at EvGo in Little Elm,, and then came south down the Tollway. Absolutely NOOOOOOOO problems with battery life or my Leaf! My brother said that he didn't like (I believe it was "I REALLLLY HATE THIS CAR WHEN IT BACKS UP.......I CAN'T HEAR THE ENGINE!!!") the reverse features of the Leaf when we left the Walgreens parking lot in Little Elm.

When I charged late this afternoon, for the SECOND TIME in a month, there was another Leaf at the Walgreen EvGo charger on Belt Line at Montfort.

Which brings me to my philosophical musing: have enough Leafs been sold in the DFW area, that we are now beginning to get indications (as evidenced from two instances of Leafs wanting the high speed charge) that the Leaf is actually becoming popular mainstream??

BTW, the good doctor (YOU know who you are!!!) was very very kind to give up the fast charge to me (I had settled for the Level 2 charger, as he had the high speed), to permit me to charge up and go. THANKS.

What happens when as a routine occurrence, two or more EVs want to charge at stations???

"It's a mind boggling thought"..........

EVthinker

I have run into leafs at evgo stations before. The belt line one is SUPER popular. I have gotten there and had someone charging on the DC and when they finished another leaf rolled up as well. I think they are getting much popular.

As of august of last year, there was almost 1,000 plug-ins in the dallas-fort worth area, 321 were leafs and 51 were i's. That's a total of 372 CHAdeMO capable vehicles in the metroplex (assuming that all the leaf's have CHAdeMO - some don't). Once Tesla releases it's CHAdeMO adapter, you could potentially add another 200 to that number (but thats assuming they all purchase the adapter).

I have found it interesting to see some level 2 use out of the eVgo stations. They aren't in the best places for level 2, I have plugged in for a few hours, but its been more common for me to see someone on the level 2 not waiting for the DC. That said, I have used a plethora of the evgo stations around the metroplex and have waited or have had someone wait on me at:

Belt Line @ Monfort
Mockingbird
Henderson (fort worth)
Belt Line @ 30 (grand prairie)

I haven't seen anyone yet at:

Watson @ 360 (cracker barrel)
IH 35W in Burleson (cracker barrel)
IH 35E in DeSoto (cracker barrel)
Galloway in Mesquite (cracker barrel)
Cedar Springs (walgreens) - note I have almost been iced at this location, both DC and Level 2 - I was already at VLBW so that would have been bad. Level 2 was iced and someone was just about to pull into the DC spot before my wife jumped from the car to ask them to find another spot.
Collins in Arlington (walgreens)
Garland Road in Mesquite (walgreens)
Walnut Creek Drive in Mansfield (walgreens)

Finally some updates - its been awhile since there there has been any changes:

Three new stations and one picture:

Picture added to Fair Park Station - got to park there when I did a 5K at Fair Park.

New stations:

Denton Municipal Electric Complex
Blink – One Level 2 (J1772)
1659 Spencer Road
Denton, TX 76205

Ericsson Garage 1
ChargePoint – Three Level 2 (J1772)
6115 Tennyson Parkway
Plano, TX 75024

Ericsson Garage 2
ChargePoint – Three Level 2 (J1772)
6125 Tennyson Parkway
Plano, TX 75204

Pipcecil said:

Watson @ 360 (cracker barrel)
IH 35W in Burleson (cracker barrel)
Galloway in Mesquite (cracker barrel)
Cedar Springs (walgreens) - note I have almost been iced at this location, both DC and Level 2 - I was already at VLBW so that would have been bad. Level 2 was iced and someone was just about to pull into the DC spot before my wife jumped from the car to ask them to find another spot.
Collins in Arlington (walgreens)
Walnut Creek Drive in Mansfield (walgreens)
All of the ones you mention in Tarrant County, I have personally used myself many times. Although I'm usually using the L2 since I'm driving the Volt most of the time these days. I have actually seen the one in Mansfield used several times by other Leafs when I drive by, as well as the one at Walgreens on Collins by the ballpark. Those two seem to be kind of busy these days.

Pipcecil said:
I have run into leafs at evgo stations before. The belt line one is SUPER popular. I have gotten there and had someone charging on the DC and when they finished another leaf rolled up as well. I think they are getting much popular.

I have used those two chargers and did not see other LEAFs there, but did answer some questions from people that saw me charging. BTW, the Garland Road one is in Dallas.

Gary

Back