Don't bother with the cargo net

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a similar cargo net in another car, and never used it. Eventually I figured out that it was really just getting in the way, mostly getting tangled/caught on things with pointy edges. Stroller handles, umbrella handles, that kind of thing.

Pass.

palmermd said:
I did not order the net, so I guess I'm back to keeping them on the floor behind the passenger seat.

If you were to get a net bag (or even a plastic grocery bag), you could hang them from the same D ring that the EVSE case hooks to. That's something I've done before to keep bottles upright, slipping the grocery bag handles onto the lanyard hook attached to the top of the case.

It just hangs to the rear? I have always seen cargo nets that went across the cargo area.
Is it permanently attached or is there any chance there are some hooks on the forward side of the storage area?

Yep, it just hangs in the rear there. There are to hooks to either side that snap in, but nothing (other than the one to secure the emergency charger) anywhere else.

After seeing Harv's cargo organizer at our last meet up, I had to have one. Much better than the cargo "thong". :lol:

The smaller right hand compartment is perfect for a modified L1 EVSE, some extension cords, a bunch of adapters, a fire extinguisher, first aid kit and a tire patch kit. And I still feel like I have a trunk. :shock:

I ordered it off eBay from partsfornissans. Shipping was prompt and it arrived just four days after I ordered it... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150593860656

I got the cargo net, I realize it is small, but how do you install it? There doesn't appear to be anything for it to hold onto. thanks

It should have come with an instruction sheet. IIRC, there are two small plugs on either side of the liftgate opening. Pop those out and pop in the D clips it came with.

We have a Prius with cargo net (the Prius net is plenty big, as noted, but is too small to easily fit the hooks - I have to use a mini bungee cord on one corner) as well as my Leaf. I'll stretch the Prius net across my cargo area and see how well it would fit.

Sorry to not get back with an answer sooner, but the Prius cargo net will *not* fit the Leaf - at least not without major alteration. The Prius net is huge compared to the cargo area in the Leaf. I did get a little cargo net (not the "thong") for my Leaf from Ebay, but haven't installed it yet...

Back