Traction Battery Cut Out

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^
Any car can lose power, but only Nissan and its proxies then tell the customer 'all is fine.'
Of course if the power loss is a gremlln that cannot be reproduced despite good faith efforts then fine. But we know that is not the case here. Instead this is Nissan stonewalling customers with defective cells that even laypeople with LeafSpy can see.

Pardon me, Nissan apologists, but you are ignoring the elephant in the room.
Not to be outdone in assholedness, the dealerships then charge up to $180 to BS the customer and do nothing.

At this point, all I can say to LEAF shoppers is 'what in the world are you thinking buying from this company ?'

SageBrush said:
At this point, all I can say to LEAF owners is 'what in the world were you thinking buying from this company ?'

It was 10 years ago, after all. And after buying one, and losing it by getting hit while stopped on the freeway, I liked it so much I bought another.

No serious troubles in 10 years, low maintenance, a joy to drive.

At this point, all I can say to LEAF owners is 'what in the world were you thinking buying from this company ?'

How about "The roof isn't going to fly off" or "It isn't going to catch fire" or "It has a low likelihood of substantial defects" Or "" It has a very low rate of small but glaring defects like body parts not fitting together properly"... It's nap time for me, now. Later on I'll post a bunch more. Ooh, wait: one more for the road. "At least they don't call it "Pro Pilot full self-driving".)

Nissan is going to replace my 30 kWhr battery with a 40 kWhr battery, under warranty.
That's pretty good in my mind!

Nissan is going to replace my 30 kWhr battery with a 40 kWhr battery, under warranty.
That's pretty good in my mind!
Spoke too soon. They couldn't get a battery. Instead Nissan are now going to buy the car back from me. Details over in the buyback thread.

Back