Electrify America Network

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That makes three open today, 15 for the month and 280 total: Everett #2 (Jct. I-5 ex. 189, Jct. with S.R. 99/527); East Stroudsburg, PA (I-80 ex. 307, Jct. S.R. 191); Providence, RI (I-95 exits 23/24, Jct. S.R. 146/246).

Washington (7 opened if I include Yakima) and California (6) have really been feeling the love from EA this month.

EA's map has been really funky for me today. Jumped off to the middle of the ocean several times, and down to California three times...
And some of the "Coming Soon" locations have disappeared.

Albany, NY (Jct. I-87/90) is open, #16 for the month and #281 total.

This completes the EA route along I-90 in New York, although they can always infill, with Syracuse and Rochester being the most obvious locations.

The site in Castro Valley, CA has had its fencing removed, so just waiting on the transformer and inspection now. I got a generic reply from EA to my email about the facing of the CCS-CHAdeMO (up topic), so don't expect them to change it.

IEVS:
EVgo And Electrify America Announce Roaming Partnership
https://insideevs.com/news/366785/evgo-electrify-america-roaming-partnership/

What's not clear to me is how pricing will work. EVgo is generally cheaper than EA at the 75kW+ level, so if you're an EA member charging at 75kW+ at an EVgo site, will you be charged EA or EVgo prices, and the same question applies to EVgo members using EA sites. Whichever is the case, the more of these the better. In addition to EVgo, EA now has such agreements with Chargepoint, Greenlots, Sema Connect and EV Connect. EVgo has such agreements with all but Greenlots.

GRA said:
You've got plenty of both EA and EVgo stations in your area, so maybe you can be a guinea pig and let us know. Or we could ask the companies, but where's the fun in that?
Well, I just sent a message to both companies to ask, once I know more, then I can figure out which plan provides the best bang for the buck.

Vancouver, WA #2 (Urb., S.R. 14 ex. 8 or I-205 ex. 28A/28C/29), #17 for the month and #282 total. At least for now EA shows this site as 2/1/0, Plugshare lists it as 3/1/1. and photos there appear to show a standard urban 2/1/1 site.

Newport News, VA (I-64 ex. 255A/B, Jct. S.R. 143) is open, #18 for the month and #283 total. Seems to have opened on the 19th, but the EA map has been wonky (again today) and I only spotted it by scrolling through the whole list.

Ontario, CA (I-10 ex. 57 or I-15 ex. 110) is open, #19 for the month and #284 total.

California has (finally) pulled even with Texas for the state(s) with the most sites, @ 27 each. Texas only has one more site (Pecos) "Coming Soon" and California has at least 70, so bar Pecos opening first we should pull into the lead very soon. Florida is #3 with 19, and Washington has surged into fourth place with 17.

Completing I-70 in Colorado/Utah still hasn't happened, as no one's reported progress at Frisco and Glenwood Springs for a while, and there's still nothing shown as "Coming soon" in Utah east of Richfield.

GRA said:
Ontario, CA (I-10 ex. 57 or I-15 ex. 110) is open, #19 for the month and #284 total.

California has (finally) pulled even with Texas for the state(s) with the most sites, @ 27 each. Texas only has one more site (Pecos) "Coming Soon" and California has at least 70, so bar Pecos opening first we should pull into the lead very soon. Florida is #3 with 19, and Washington has surged into fourth place with 17.

Completing I-70 in Colorado/Utah still hasn't happened, as no one's reported progress at Frisco and Glenwood Springs for a while, and there's still nothing shown as "Coming soon" in Utah east of Richfield.

For Electrify America that is true; however, California has 21,953 connectors at 5,459 Stations public charging outlets throughout the state while Texas has 3,292 at 1,191 Stations, even Florida has more at 3,354 at 1,262 Stations and new York at 3,581 at 1,427 Stations. No matter how you look at it, California is way ahead of Texas in total number of stations and connectors and with the agreement with EvGo, they magically get a much larger number of chargers, but again pricing is still in question.

^^ This IS the Electrify America topic ;) Jacksonville, FL (Jct. I-95 [ex.339]/U.S. 1) is open, #20 for the month and #285 total.

This has been needed for awhile. to shorten the 155 mile leg from Brunswick to Ormond Beach to legs of 85 and 72 miles. It does the same for the 143 mile leg between Lake City and Ormond Beach (if you take I-10/95 instead of S.R. 100/U.S. 1), to two legs each of 72 miles.

They probably would have got to 300 this month if not for dealing with the reliability issues, but barring widespread natural disasters they should make it easily next month. I haven't been keeping track of the total # of urban sites, but I'm guesstimating that 20-30 of the sites open now are urban, which aren't part of the 300 Hwy sites that were supposed to open/underway by June 30th, but are of the 484 total scheduled to be open/underway by the end of the year. I'm thinking they'll wind up somewhere in the 380-400 open range at that time.

Perry, UT (Jct. I-15 ex. 362/U.S. 91) is open, #1 for the month and #286 total.

This shortens the 182 mile leg between SLC and Heyburn, ID (I-84) to two legs of 59 and 126 miles, and the 170 mile leg between SLC and Chubbuck, ID (I-15) to legs of 59 and 114 miles.

Back