EV simulation

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRBAman

Hello!

Maybe somebody have circuit board for simulating different stated of the EV for EVSE?
Something like this:

1srgwnjXE3nirNpF.medium

CRBAman said:
Yes, I want to make my own simulator. Its simply board, but I need a scheme

It's a very simple schematic...you just need a diode and a few resistors (you can add some switches to switch in various resistor values if you want to make it dynamically switchable). I was able to easily create one on a breadboard. See this page for more details:

https://code.google.com/archive/p/open-evse/wikis/EVSE_TESTING.wiki

The links are broken, but here's the really basic schematic for the various states:

6790149512_fd64eb3201.jpg

And here's the "enhanced" one with the switch/jumper in place:

6936255065_b6754ae80f_z.jpg

lpickup said:
CRBAman said:
Yes, I want to make my own simulator. Its simply board, but I need a scheme

It's a very simple schematic...you just need a diode and a few resistors (you can add some switches to switch in various resistor values if you want to make it dynamically switchable). I was able to easily create one on a breadboard. See this page for more details:

https://code.google.com/archive/p/open-evse/wikis/EVSE_TESTING.wiki

The links are broken, but here's the really basic schematic for the various states:

6790149512_fd64eb3201.jpg

And here's the "enhanced" one with the switch/jumper in place:

6936255065_b6754ae80f_z.jpg

The second schematic is more accurate since you go by stages ( connect to charge).

The first is more convenient since you can use a toggle switch.

Chris has posted both first and second versions complete with eagle files on github.

If you just want to simulate charging with a ballpark value then a 820 ohm resistor in series with a 1N4148 will do the job.

Back