Florida

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barring any last-minute snags, it looks like I'm the new owner of LEAF VIN #15616.

Here are pictures of it (at least until Fontana Nissan removes it from their inventory list):

http://www.fontananissan.com/vehicle/new/393214-JN1AZ0CP1CT015616/2012-Nissan-LEAF.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

$2,000 discount to MSRP, a tiny $55 document fee, and $1,100 to ship it from California to Florida (I don't mind paying $1,100 for shipping, if it arrives without a scratch).

I would have preferred a white SV, but for a fully-loaded SL, it was just too good to pass up.

No specific date has been set, yet. Fontana Nissan has to schedule the pick-up. But, the best bet is sometime in the middle of December (maybe the week of the 12th through the 16th)

At least when it comes to LEAF #15616, I have its mug shot and I know where it lives.

My old orphan could be at the bottom of Jacksonville harbor for all I know.

My delivery date had been 12/2, then it moved out a bit a week or so ago (I think to 12/11), now it's back to "pending". What's up with that???

LTLFTcomposite said:
My delivery date had been 12/2, then it moved out a bit a week or so ago (I think to 12/11), now it's back to "pending". What's up with that???
Are you dealing with Maroone in Delray? I had the same happen to me and then the date went back to the original. Turns out the dealer missed some paperwork.

I came back to see if I was wrong when I canceled my Leaf order in August because I doubted Nissans ability to deliver before Jan 1 (and lose this years exemptions. Looks like my gut feeling was correct. I have been driving my 2012 red Volt since Sept 28. I have 4000 miles on the car with only about 20% gasoline. It has been a joy to drive and I have taken it on four 200-300 mile weekend trips in which I surpassed the electric range with no fall off in performance. I have been tired a couple of nights and forgotten to plug it in too. With the range issue, the gasoline option has been a plus for me. I will probably trade my 50mpg Prius on another electric in a few years and study all the electric options, but I made the choice for now--I am completely satisfied. Telsa S looks like a viable option in a couple of years though.

BrainDonor said:
LTLFTcomposite said:
Are you dealing with Maroone in Delray? I had the same happen to me and then the date went back to the original. Turns out the dealer missed some paperwork.

Bill Seidle in Miami. Could be the same problem though.

afn10694 said:
I came back to see if I was wrong when I canceled my Leaf order in August because I doubted Nissans ability to deliver before Jan 1 (and lose this years exemptions. Looks like my gut feeling was correct.

By monitoring AutoNation's inventory list, it is apparent that deliveries are taking place. Three LEAFs on their list, yesterday, have dropped off (one in Delray and two in Kendall).

I bet if some of the lazy local dealers can just get their act together (BS Nissan, I'm talking to you), everyone who ordered in July and August should take delivery in the next few weeks.

Well after bitching and moaning and good timing (there was some Nissan big wig at Weston Nissan last week) she got me out of my past due Altima lease into a Dodge somthing or other till my Leaf gets delivered (December 10th)

As they are picking up the tab and unlimited milage so if anyone wants to drive to Cal let me know.

By monitoring AutoNation's inventory list, it is apparent that deliveries are taking place. Three LEAFs on their list, yesterday, have dropped off (one in Delray and two in Kendall).
I would not trust AutoNation's online inventory list as a reliable source of Nissan Leaf deliveries in South Florida. You are assuming that a car was delivered just because it dropped of their inventory list?

The local car dealer websites are doing a great job of hiding the fact that there is a waiting list for the Nissan Leaf. As far as I know you still have to go directly to the Nissan website to order the car.

spike09 said:
I would not trust AutoNation's online inventory list as a reliable source of Nissan Leaf deliveries in South Florida. You are assuming that a car was delivered just because it dropped of their inventory list?
Actually, he's probably right about cars dropping off the inventory list being delivered. I know for a fact that the black SL from Maroone in Delray was delivered yesterday. So there's at least one Leaf in the wild in South Florida!

Mine was shipped from the port of Jacksonville on 11/28 and should be arriving at the dealer in the next couple of days, after it makes a stop at their distribution center in Port St. Lucie.

BrainDonor said:
Actually, he's probably right about cars dropping off the inventory list being delivered. I know for a fact that the black SL from Maroone in Delray was delivered yesterday. So there's at least one Leaf in the wild in South Florida!

Yeah, that was perfect confirmation that my initial assumption was correct. AutoNation drops them off the inventory when they are delivered. And, from my best count, AutoNation has delivered about five or six, so far, in South Florida, so they're rolling right along.

By the way, BrainDonor, it appears they have bumped your estimated delivery date out to the end of next week.

Weatherman said:
By the way, BrainDonor, it appears they have bumped your estimated delivery date out to the end of next week.
The delivery date showing up on the AutoNation website is incorrect. I went by the dealer last night and he showed me that they were invoiced on 11/28, which means the car was on a truck headed to their distribution center. On my home from the dealer I passed 3 empty car carriers heading north on I-95. Could be a sign... ;-)

It is gonna be me my dashboard just changed to pending from Dec 2 no Dec 10 so I am............................Pending? Thats gotta be good....................Right?

Brightonuk said:
It is gonna be me my dashboard just changed to pending from Dec 2 no Dec 10 so I am............................Pending? Thats gotta be good....................Right?

Doesn't that mean it's at the bottom of the ocean with Weatherman's? Kidding...sort of. :lol:

Back