Florida

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wrapped up the deal with Fontana Nissan. All documents signed, sealed and delivered.

The transport truck is expected to pick up the car tomorrow and it should reach South Florida by around December 7th or 8th.

Brightonuk said:
It is gonna be me my dashboard just changed to pending from Dec 2 no Dec 10 so I am............................Pending? Thats gotta be good....................Right?

My dashboard went pending yesterday and I got a call from the dealer today. The Leaf has arrived and I will pick it up tomorrow afternoon.

BarryE

Brightonuk said:
My dashboard went pending yesterday and I got a call from the dealer today. The Leaf has arrived and I will pick it up tomorrow afternoon.

What was your dashboard date before it changed to pending?

December 1st. FYI, I am in Beaufort SC.

Driving in Atlanta to work and back doing 35-40mph 15 min, 65-70mph 15 min, 45-55mph 15-20min. Running heat, radio, lights getting home with 13 miles left when I get home. No eco for 45 min drive to work then eco coming home 55 min drive. Haven't tried eco both ways yet but will. It is 60 mile round trip.

Brightonuk said:
You wanna clue us in on the deal?

Sure.

Fully-loaded 2012 Nissan LEAF SL:

MSRP: $37,250
Destination: $850
Floor and Cargo Mats: $170
Splash Guards: $140
Organization Package: $225
Kick Plates: $125
Protection Package: $225
Safety Kit: $75

Subtotal $39,060
Discount to MSRP: -$2,000
Document Fee: $55
California tire fee: $7

Subtotal $37,122
Shipping cost: $1,100

Total Price paid to Fontana Nissan: $38,222

I pay for the title, registration and the 6% Florida sales tax when it arrives in Florida. I'll be transferring my tag from my Prius when I sell it to CarMax.

That's it.

Just about as simple as it possibly can be.

evenoelle said:
I wonder who will get their car first...Weatherman with his coming from California or one of the rest of us. Anyone wanna bet? ;)
Hold your bets everyone.... ;) I got a call late afternoon from my dealer that the car just came in. I went in about 7pm and was out of there just after 9 with my new baby. Wife, kids, and I are all in love. My older daughter asked to sleep in the car tonight. The Leaf is cozy in the garage charging from the regular 110V outlet until I get the AV unit installed on Saturday - thanks evenoelle for the suggestion on where to purchase the unit.

Carwings and the iPhone app are really cool. The app is currently showing a charge to full time of 4 hours and 30 minutes. The range estimate is 72 miles.

Looks like a late night reading the owner's manual.... :D

P.S.: A shoutout to Mitch at Maroone Nissan of Delray. I know there have been a few negative comments (I also had a couple of times where my calls were not returned promptly), but Mitch really stepped it up. The closing went very smoothly and I was very impressed with the service.

Weatherman, I just checked the autonation.com web site, and they're showing my car scheduled for delivery on 12/9. Needless to say that's incorrect... :cool: Also there are a couple more showing with late December delivery dates.

Weatherman said:
BrainDonor said:
Actually, he's probably right about cars dropping off the inventory list being delivered. I know for a fact that the black SL from Maroone in Delray was delivered yesterday. So there's at least one Leaf in the wild in South Florida!

Yeah, that was perfect confirmation that my initial assumption was correct. AutoNation drops them off the inventory when they are delivered. And, from my best count, AutoNation has delivered about five or six, so far, in South Florida, so they're rolling right along.

By the way, BrainDonor, it appears they have bumped your estimated delivery date out to the end of next week.
I am now super pissed at Bill Seidle knowing AutoNation dealers already delivered half a dozen cars!!

BrainDonor said:
Weatherman, I just checked the autonation.com web site, and they're showing my car scheduled for delivery on 12/9. Needless to say that's incorrect... :cool: Also there are a couple more showing with late December delivery dates.

Yeah, I saw we are up into the 17000s on the VINs, now. You have to admit that AutoNation does seem to have their act together.

Did your dealer give you a breakdown of the DMV fees on your lease? I recall about $460 being up for grabs.

Weatherman said:
Did your dealer give you a breakdown of the DMV fees on your lease? I recall about $460 being up for grabs.
Yes, they did. I don't have the papers with me now, but they were reasonable. I did a tag transfer from my old car.

spike09 said:
I am now super pissed at Bill Seidle knowing AutoNation dealers already delivered half a dozen cars!!

Have you talked to Leonard or Doug at BS at all? I wonder if it will turn out like BrainDonor and we will get no "heads up", the cars will just all of a sudden be at the dealer. (Is that wishful thinking?)

BrainDonor said:
The Leaf is cozy in the garage charging from the regular 110V outlet until I get the AV unit installed on Saturday - thanks evenoelle for the suggestion on where to purchase the unit.

You're welcome! Ours was installed yesterday and everything looks good to go. Enjoy your new car...the rest of us will have to just live vicariously through you for now.

---edited to add ---
Uh....my Carwings just became available! My VIN number is in the low 16000's :eek:

evenoelle said:
Uh....my CarWings just became available! My VIN number is in the low 16000's :eek:
That's a very good sign. Your car should be delivered within a week or so. If you have an iPhone (or Android phone), get the Leaf app set up prior to picking up the car. In our case it took less than a minute to get both my phone and my wife's to query the car's status from the app. It is really cool. The dealer will walk you through that.

Back