Florida

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weather permitting I plan to attend.

Meet up in the Whole Foods Parking Lot (University and Peters) around 5.30pm arrive at the show at 6pm.

Let me know if you are definitely going to show up that way we will wait for everyone before leaving.

Bring a lawn or folding chair if you wanna sit but if you have not been to this show there are always lots of motors to look at.

This really is a great venue to show off our cars I am sure there will be lots of interest.

And of course you can charge at my place (less than a mile from the venue).

Brightonuk said:

Meet up in the Whole Foods Parking Lot (University and Peters) around 5.30pm arrive at the show at 6pm.

Let me know if you are definitely going to show up that way we will wait for everyone before leaving.

Bring a lawn or folding chair if you wanna sit but if you have not been to this show there are always lots of motors to look at.

This really is a great venue to show off our cars I am sure there will be lots of interest.

I will be there with lawn chair in hand... and a cooler!

Brightonuk said:

We have to drive the little one to a birthday party in Aventura. We've never done this on a Friday at near rush hour time, so there is no telling how long that will actually take. If we can get to the Home Depot anywhere even near to 6 pm, we will be there.

spike09 said:
Did anyone else just receive an email from Nissan regarding updating the Leaf software and installing a "lower-apron bracket"?

Yep. Definitely need something to keep that South Florida snow from accumulating in the motor compartment.

Weatherman said:
spike09 said:
Did anyone else just receive an email from Nissan regarding updating the Leaf software and installing a "lower-apron bracket"?

Yep. Definitely need something to keep that snow from accumulating in the motor compartment.

I got it and Carwings also announced it to me when I started the car this morning. Anyone going to try to bring their car to a different dealer than where they bought it? BS Nissan is not the closest to me but when shopping I didn't like the salespeople at the closer one.

evenoelle said:
I got it and Carwings also announced it to me when I started the car this morning. Anyone going to try to bring their car to a different dealer than where they bought it? BS Nissan is not the closest to me but when shopping I didn't like the salespeople at the closer one.

In my case, I have no choice. Fontana, California is, kind of, a long way away.

Sometime this summer, when it's time to rotate the tires for the first time, I'll take my car to Maroone Nissan in Pembroke Pines. Unless there's some software update I'm interested in getting before then, I'll just wait to take care of everything, then.

LTLFTcomposite said:
Just to confirm, the Home Depot in question for Friday is the one at 2300 S University, just South of 595?

Yep the Whole foods is just north of 595 on University there is a Publix and Whole Foods next to each other you can always google it and download it to your car

evenoelle said:
Weatherman said:
spike09 said:

Yep. Definitely need something to keep that snow from accumulating in the motor compartment.

As I am not bothering with the Lower Apron fix for now, I went to Bill Seidle Nissan today for my software upgrade. There are several other dealers within a 10 mile range but I decided to stick with a familiar face. It was worth it as both Doug and Leonard were on hand to greet me. I got a chance to meet Ariel. He is the head of the service department and also is the Leaf Service Manager.

After chatting for a few minutes I went over to the Miami International Mall right across the street. Having shops in walking distance is the main reason I stuck with Bill Seidle. The Sports Authority is practically in the same parking lot as the Service Department and the Mall is a 2 minute walk. The Mall is a decent size and has a Macy, JCP, Kohls and Sears as their anchor stores. Also I saw a La Carreta on the way. For those not familiar, La Carreta is a restaurant specializing in Cuban food. The car was ready before I was done shopping. The washed my car as well.

Took about an hour to do the update. I forgot to ask about the new user manual. My Total Driving Distance and Elapsed Time were reset. I also had to reset the dashboard clock. All the other settings are untouched.

The only upgrade I noticed was to my TCU software. It was updated from 3NA0000626 to 3NA0000627. All my other software version were already up to date although I there are some updates that are only viewable to a service tech.

Here is the complete list of my Current Software Versions:
Boot Ware (NK1):157
Application (NK2):157
Audio Unit Software:067
CAN uCOM Software:018
Front Display Software:030
BOLERO Software:00.05
Bluetooth Firmware:C237
Voice Recognition Engine:925-125-000
Voice Synthesis Engine:5.0.0.3-PS-P2
Voice Recognition Grammar Version:00001090
Voice Synthesis Data Version:00003000
Record Data Version:00001032
Part Number:3NA0E
XM Satellite Radio Software:012
Switch Software:030000
TCU Software:3NA0000627 (this was the only upgrade)
Map Version:10/08/12/01

Here is how to check your software release info:

Power on the vehicle
Power off the audio
Press the MAP button 3x
Press the Audio Power button 2x
Press the MAP button 1x
Select Confirmation/Adjustment
Select Version/Information

spike09 said:
As I am not bothering with the Lower Apron fix for now, I went to Bill Seidle Nissan today for my software upgrade. There are several other dealers within a 10 mile range but I decided to stick with a familiar face. It was worth it as both Doug and Leonard were on hand to greet me. I got a chance to meet Ariel. He is the head of the service department and also is the Leaf Service Manager.

After chatting for a few minutes I went over to the Miami International Mall right across the street.

Did you make an appointment or did you just show up? I can't imagine why we need the lower apron fix since it seems they are doing it for those driving in snow but my husband said perhaps it will stop moisture from getting up there too.

It didn't even dawn on me that the International Mall was right there. That is a whole lot more appealing than sitting in the waiting room at the dealer.

If there's no reason not to, it might be a "nice guy" move to get whatever service campaigns are offered on the vehicle. Somewhere down the road you are going to trade the car in, and whoever gets it might move to a colder climate, then experience a problem that was already fixed years ago.

evenoelle said:
spike09 said:

After chatting for a few minutes I went over to the Miami International Mall right across the street.

Did you make an appointment or did you just show up? I can't imagine why we need the lower apron fix since it seems they are doing it for those driving in snow but my husband said perhaps it will stop moisture from getting up there too.

It didn't even dawn on me that the International Mall was right there. That is a whole lot more appealing than sitting in the waiting room at the dealer.
Yes I made an appointment. I spoke to Ariel in the morning to make sure he was able to do the upgrade. I told him I would be in at 2pm but actually showed up at 4pm. I would not mind having the lower apron fix but I will wait to see what kind of feedback it gets from forum members.

As we learned at the Miami Beach event recently, FPL is offering free Level 2 chargers to EV owners so they can conduct a pilot project studying electric use. Even though I already have my AV charger, the program has agreed to install another free one in my garage. The electrician did the home inspection yesterday. I will be able to sell my AV unit or install it at a friend or family member's home, far enough away to increase my range in that direction.

Here is the info for those of you who would like to do the same thing:

Teresa Hosler
SPX EV Support Customer Service
Phone: 1-877-805-3873
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 1-866-259-1241

LTLFTcomposite said:
If there's no reason not to, it might be a "nice guy" move to get whatever service campaigns are offered on the vehicle. Somewhere down the road you are going to trade the car in, and whoever gets it might move to a colder climate, then experience a problem that was already fixed years ago.

I have an appointment for Monday morning for the software update. They made no mention of the apron fix but I will ask when I am there.

Back