For those who have VINs -- Did you order Kick Plates?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueSL

Until Nissan's silence is broken, we will be left looking for different ways to make sense of the delivery hodge podge. I am wondering if certain options can create delay. For instance, kick plates.

If you have a VIN already, would you mind posting here if you also ordered kick plates (and referencing when Nissan has told you that you can expect delivery)?

Thanks.

Only mats and splash guards, no kick plates. QC was included free as part of the EV Project.

BlueSL said:
Until Nissan's silence is broken, we will be left looking for different ways to make sense of the delivery hodge podge. I am wondering if certain options can create delay. For instance, kick plates.

If you have a VIN already, would you mind posting here if you also ordered kick plates (and referencing when Nissan has told you that you can expect delivery)?

Thanks.

Lopton, you and I are close in VINs (mine is 909), and I'm a day later than you on delivery - (to Fontana Nissan). You should wait a day so we can both pick them up together :)

No on kick-plates, but I have floor mats and Q/C.

That's a big enough sample for me. I conclude that kick plates have no effect.

I wonder what other variables we can eliminate.

garygid said:
I have #855, also at Fontana.
What dates are yours, Z and L?

I don't have a specific day yet, but after a lot of bouncing it looks like I'm stablized at "Week of April 6". Yours is currently "Week of April 7" Gary?

We have the kickplates because the car will mainly be driven in an area where it will get on to unpaved streets and driveways where mud can be tracked into the vehicle. I thought that the kickplates would not show scratches as much as just the painted surface.

One area that is a little disconcerting with getting the protection package is that the front, clear plastic that is supposed to protect the front of the vehicle only covers about the central 1/3 of the front. Stone chips around the headlights will undoubtedly happen.

We have the mudflaps. The mudflaps are blue as is the car. I am satisfied with those as they seem like they should reduce the amount of stones thrown up that could scratch the rocker panels.

Having said that, it may be wiser to forego the option and pony up for a little more money and have it done by aftermarket. I've seen skywagon's and gonewild's they had done after market and it is clearly superior for front end protection.

z0ner said:
garygid said:
I have #855, also at Fontana.
What dates are yours, Z and L?

I don't have a specific day yet, but after a lot of bouncing it looks like I'm stablized at "Week of April 6". Yours is currently "Week of April 7" Gary?

I am bouncing around constantly as of this moment in time it is April 8th...
-Matt

Back