Frustrating North Florida dealers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TRONZ said:
Unless the process has changed, a dealer is not allowed to raise the price of the car after it is ordered. That includes dealer fees. The final price from a dealer is set during RAQ (Request a Quote). You either accept it or tell the dealer to go fish. Accepting the quote is supposed to be binding. Not "binding-until-we-want-to-add-random-fees".

If you read the "fine" print on the Nissan website, it does mention that there will be separate fees. DMV, Taxes, etc. Even so, I was initially suprised by the $850 delivery fee. I had never bought a new car before this. 20-20 hindsight I should have gone into the dealers months earlier and asked them to layout what to expect. Also to explain the lease vs purchase options. Never hurts to "educate" yourself early on. I ended up not getting the cheapest deal, but also not the most expensive. Investigate the details early to help you make the best decision. Elsewhere in the "Active Topics" people have listed what the cost were for them. You can search and compare. I am happy with my Leaf - that it represents a step for independence from oil for me and for the U.S.A.

Keep looking for a good salesperson to deal with. Sure you will find one.

Back