Why We cancelled our Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the numbers tend to fluctuate based on packages and whether people are including tax. Either way, I paid less for SL package LEAF this year than I did for the base package 2008 prius two years ago. And the LEAF is a much better car.

I will be the first to agree that your place in line has a huge impact on your attitude towerds the "process". EX; We got a quick reservation but then AV "lost" our Assessment for 7 weeks! It took several calls to even get the outrageous estimate from AV and it was almost so late that we almost missed the start of orders on Aug 31. So with an outrageous AV estimate in hand we got a quick RAQ completed on Aug 31. Time goes by and I look into AV alternatives. Soon after I come to realize that we are perfectly fine on L1 and Opt-Out of the AV estimate. In walks Critical Mass and the real fun begins... they "Cancel" my AV assessment (even though it was completed months before). Now then, In spite of my Dashboards Congratulating me on our LEAF being prepared for Delivery it also says I need to order my car. Seeing such a glaring problem I begin to panic when cars and VINs are arriving in Long Beach... but not our car. Even though our car was built early (#202) it sat in Opamma because software was saying it had never been Ordered in the first place. I will never know (nor do I care) about the specifics of why our car went missing. The fact is, I knew it had, I repeatedly called attention to it, Nissan figured it out and the car should be delivered next week (they say). No seven day eMail sent and after the whole "process" is NOT expected. However, The CARB money looks good and gas prices are going up every week. If our car was not staring us in the face and months away (if that), I would be VERY frustrated after all this. While I don't understand why anyone would ever cancel an Order. Everyones situation and experience is different. I am pro-choice on EVERYTHING so never cancel free options but to each his own. Good luck with your Volt.

TRONZ said:
I will be the first to agree that your place in line has a huge impact on your attitude towerds the "process". EX; We got a quick reservation but then AV "lost" our Assessment for 7 weeks! It took several calls to even get the outrageous estimate from AV and it was almost so late that we almost missed the start of orders on Aug 31. So with an outrageous AV estimate in hand we got a quick RAQ completed on Aug 31. Time goes by and I look into AV alternatives. Soon after I come to realize that we are perfectly fine on L1 and Opt-Out of the AV estimate. In walks Critical Mass and the real fun begins... they "Cancel" my AV assessment (even though it was completed months before). Now then, In spite of my Dashboards Congratulating me on our LEAF being prepared for Delivery it also says I need to order my car. Seeing such a glaring problem I begin to panic when cars and VINs are arriving in Long Beach... but not our car. Even though our car was built early (#202) it sat in Opamma because software was saying it had never been Ordered in the first place. I will never know (nor do I care) about the specifics of why our car went missing. The fact is, I knew it had, I repeatedly called attention to it, Nissan figured it out and the car should be delivered next week (they say). No seven day eMail sent and after the whole "process" is NOT expected. However, The CARB money looks good and gas prices are going up every week. If our car was not staring us in the face and months away (if that), I would be VERY frustrated after all this. While I don't understand why anyone would ever cancel an Order. Everyones situation and experience is different. I am pro-choice on EVERYTHING so never cancel free options but to each his own. Good luck with your Volt.

TRONZ: IMHO, you should be awarded a 1st place trophy for patience and preserverance. And, I hope you enjoy your Leaf for many years. God knows---you certainly deserve it. :)

GroundLoop said:
If I have a 6PM dinner reservation, and the restaurant (say, Flemmings, La Jolla) doesn't seat us until 6:45, with a whole litanny of dishonest excuses and poor service, then I will never eat there again. It's my choice what to set for standards. You might have different ones that exclude WalMart from your business.
Volt, really. That's pretty much it. It's a hybrid, but for my own commute I can get its full range of performance on EV only. I'd buy the Tesla S in an instant, but I expect it's in for significant delays and increases as well. I have no enthusiasm for the Plug-in Prius.
You're going off the deep end when claiming Nissan lacks integrity. Delays and missed estimates can happen for any new product. Seems to me Nissan was put in an impossible situation. Everyone demanded an estimated timetable. Nissan delivered one which turned out to be wrong, and now everybody is mad. The delivery dates were estimated. Nissan made a bad estimate but that doesn't raise character issues.

Not exactly sure why you'd say the Volt is "a hybrid" as if that's a bad thing. The Volt may be a hybrid but it's a SERIAL hybrid not a PARALLEL hybrid. Big difference. You could put a range extender on a Leaf and make it a serial hybrid and it wouldn't be any less of an EV. If your commute is within the Volt's AER range then your only issue will be making sure your gas doesn't go stale. However, if you ordered a Volt today I suspect you wouldn't get it an earlier than you'd get a Leaf, you wouldn't get a CARB rebate, you'd pay more without regard to the rebate, and you'd have to deal with a Chevy dealer, which might involve dealing with people who would truly aggravate you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back