Future Leaf owner?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When considering Leaf (up to 2020 atleast, when battery is still non-thermal managed) My recommendation would be following:

Google for: average temperature <yourcountryname>
(or state/city if it's a really big country)

If the result is close to or above 20c/70f - do not buy leaf.
Why? You will not get your moneys worth due to abnormal battery degradation that comes from heat.

Here in my country, I bought Leaf with 338 000km (210 000 miles) and battery health at 70%. This is what is possible in colder climate with Leaf or with EV that has proper thermal management elsewhere.
BMW i3 is more suited for warmer places, has liquid cooling.

Let's stop giving away our wisdom to phantom posts. We have better things to do.

I certainly hate it when a new, naive poster asks a dumb question, "Is the XXX a good car?". And as another responder stated, "We all jump in and do a whole song and dance" and the OP never returns.

I see this a lot, and am so annoyed when I see well meaning members repeat basic information over and over for an "unknown" poster.

As pretty much EV and Leaf "experts", I think we should all respond to noobie questions with some wisdom, saying, "please read the vast information available on our site, and you are welcome to ask specific questions."

Let's make new members take the time and INTEREST in doing some individual research and Self-education as part of the EV and Nissan Leaf learning process.

powersurge said:
Let's stop giving away our wisdom to phantom posts. We have better things to do.

I certainly hate it when a new, naive poster asks a dumb question, "Is the XXX a good car?". And as another responder stated, "We all jump in and do a whole song and dance" and the OP never returns.

I see this a lot, and am so annoyed when I see well meaning members repeat basic information over and over for an "unknown" poster.

As pretty much EV and Leaf "experts", I think we should all respond to noobie questions with some wisdom, saying, "please read the vast information available on our site, and you are welcome to ask specific questions."

Let's make new members take the time and INTEREST in doing some individual research and Self-education as part of the EV and Nissan Leaf learning process.
+1!

powersurge said:

I agree.

Back