Gathering a Class action suit against Nissan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Symptomatic of the sense of entitlement that is so pervasive these days. People need to come to grips with the reality that Nissan doesn't owe them a damn thing, except perhaps a refund of their $99 if they want it.

Nissan made it very clear (to anybody willing and able to read) from the very beginning that sales would be done by areas that they would pick and schedule.

Also (as I recall), I think the "fine print" said that having a Reservation did not obligate Nissan to sell you anything.

But, you might want to spend your hours where you get the most joy, and perhaps do the most good.

OP; what is reason for you waiting until late October to order? was it Nissan or you?

there were a LOT of people who could not get the ordering system to work and had delays although most of them have their cars now (granted 2-3 months later than they probably should have gotten them)

for that, i can see your frustration, but that is not grounds to sue. it simply jacks up the cost of life.

linkim said:
Check this web site for willieworks - http://wn.com/willieworks
Class action lawsuit against Nissan is a ridiculous stupid idea.
Anyone can sue anyone over anything, whether the suit has any merits or not.
But that's why the legal system in the US is helping make the world non-functional and inefficient and stupid.
Do we have a valid complaint with Nissan? Yes.
But suing is stupid.
If you want to try to take more action, run a full page print ad in the New York Times complaining about it.
Might help stimulate some positive result.
Suing won't.

Little advice to driver in the video.
LEARN push pull steering. Right hand should always stay between 02:00 and 04:00, Left hand should always stay between 08:00 and 10:00.
Is much safer in an emergency situation.
One handed over the top of the wheel steering is as stupid as a class action lawsuit against Nissan.

willie ... I'm out. I would not be joining such a suit. But, thanks for the offer. :roll:

I have not been harmed, I have no money at risk ($99 res. fee notwithstanding) ... and, oh yeah, no one is holding me against my will to wait to purchase their product. It's pretty much my choice to do so. I like their product, and that's pretty much why I'm still waiting ....

If the OP is unhappy with how Nissan is handling their reservation, they should withdraw their reservation and instead sign up for the Aptera! :lol:

Willieworks said:
To all of you responders so quick to jump to conclusions about me;

What a bunch of complacent wimps.
Not very often I respond with hostility on an Internet forum, but I agree with a previous poster: Get A Life! I'll likely have to wait another year before I can even order a LEAF, since I'm geographically disadvantaged. But I still support the commitment Nissan seems to have in bringing EVs to market, and filing a class action lawsuit against them is not supporting their commitment.

There can be so many factors as to how Nissan produces and assigns the cars. We have been following the LEAF for almost 2 years now. We signed up for the prototype viewing and viewed the car in Phoenix on Dec. 4th, 2009 and got our "T" shirts. We put our $99 down on April 20th for a reservation. We ordered the LEAF before we had even driven it on Sept. 30th, 2010. We had our AV EVSE installed in Nov. 2010 four months before we got our car. We reserved and drove the test car on Dec. 4th, 2010. Our car is an SL without the QC port. The color is Ocean Blue. We took delivery on March 8th. I'm wondering if any one of these things or more could have had an impact on how soon we got our LEAF. If so, Nissan should outline how each of these things could affect the delivery date because that may make some people reconsider their order or shop elsewhere for a guaranteed date of delivery.

Given the worldwide introduction and the quality of the product we received I'm willing to cut Nissan some slack. In fact, those of you who are disappointed with your delivery dates may take some solace in that you may receive the 6.6 kW charger instead of the 3.3 kW that my LEAF has. The 6.6 kW charger will really come in handy when you can use a public charging station. You can go shopping for an hour and get twice the mileage from your charge than I will get. Although I'm disappointed that mine doesn't have the upgraded charger, I'm not going to sue Nissan over it.

I think the purpose of class actions lawsuits are to penalize the offending corporation so they don't pull the same bs again.

As someone mentioned before, such a class action against Nissan would achieve nothing: we will not get cars delivered by the original order dates and at the most we would get a few cents or a couple of dollars each.

Question: is your class action lawyer friend sharing his profits of millions with you? That would make your request on this forum highly unethical.

Read the disclaimers that came with the deposit.. Nissan's lawyers were way ahead of you-- the promised absolutely nothing (a place in line that was clearly described as having very limited availability). They will deliver what they promised, for your $99 you will get your leaf before people that didn't pay $99. Just be glad you didn't have to deposit $5,000 like those in line for the Tesla Model S who will wait far longer than Leaf customers.

I'm sorry - class action suit for WHAT?

It's just a car. No one was damaged by any of this.

It's a freaking car. We live an insane litigious society.

just ask for your $99 back, they'll give it to you (remember the original disclaimers and their promise of it being fully refundable at any time?), and go away.

Even if it was warranted, a class action lawsuit would only hurt the best chance that electric cars have at reaching the consumer mainstream. If you're really that upset, simply choose to take your business elsewhere. That's a much more appropriate action. As someone who has the car, all I can hope you do is wait as patiently as possible - the car is one of the best I've ever owned and totally worth the wait.

From LA...probably a Dodger fan :cool: . I agree...I remember getting a Class action notice for my Honda Hybrid becuase it wasn't getting the advertised MPG....I passed, but found out the settlement was a small discount on a new Honda...so the coupon comment wasn't far off!

You have no case. Two words: Force majeure

The only people to make out in class action lawsuits are the lawyers. The rest get coupons.

It's exactly this litigious attitute that makes corporations reluctant to share ANY information with their customers.

Sorry, the U.S. Supreme Corp., I mean Court, just upheld a vendor's right to remove your right to a trial of your peers. If the vendor puts in draconian requirements for "binding arbitration" you can't force them to answer a class action suit.

I will go along with this suit if the compensation is the center console applique treatment from the ECO package.

HarryHouck said:
Sorry, the U.S. Supreme Corp., I mean Court, just upheld a vendor's right to remove your right to a trial of your peers. If the vendor puts in draconian requirements for "binding arbitration" you can't force them to answer a class action suit.

LOL! That's right! Let's sue while we still can!

Back