Great new Volt commercial (for all EVs)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SanDust, I get the feeling we're talking past each other, at least partially. I'm trying to look at this clip as a proper television commercial from the perspective of a person who has never seen or heard of the Volt.

Of course you should be aware that I've gone on a little tirade about Volt commercials before, so I'm really trying to stay objective with my criticism.

SanDust said:
When the woman drives up in the car the sound track cuts out and you hear .... nothing except the window rolling down. That's the cue for you to figure out it's electric.
There are lots of commercials showing vehicles driving around where you don't hear the engine, but they are not commercials for electric cars. Some commercials even use the silence to sell you on the quiet, comfortable ride their advanced sound engineering techniques achieve specifically to cancel out the noise of the engine! I sincerely doubt anyone would even notice the lack of engine noise in that shot.

SanDust said:
If you don't have any gas the Volt can drive a long way on electricity. If you want to be literal there are plenty of Volt owners who have driven far more EV miles than most here.
That's absolutely true, but there is nothing in the commercial that suggests that. You can only say this with the benefit of already knowing.

SanDust said:
As for being one big joke, that's exactly the point, down to the cool and hot and totally relaxed woman rescuing the guys. Convention is stood on its head. A sense of humor is a hard thing to find! :lol:
Heisenberg, Godel, and Chomsky walk into a bar. Heisenberg turns to the others and says, "Clearly this is a joke, but how can we figure out if it's funny or not?" Godel replies, "We can't, because we're inside the joke." Chomsky says, "Of course it's funny, you're just telling it wrong!"

(A joke is only funny if you already understand the underlying concepts.)
=Smidge=

Back