Gunfight at EV Corral

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BobGeisel said:
We have two ChargePoint Level 2 stations installed at my office with four green "EV Only" parking spaces. My Office charges $0.50 an hour (pro rated) to charge. (I guess the electricity is free.) We have a very specific EVSE usage policy and the stations are only for employee use. They do not show up on the ChargePoint site and your ChargePoint card must be added to some database before the you can use the stations. There is a scrolling message about who to contact in my office to get access. This has worked well....so far.

In the last month, we have gone from 1 Volt and 1 LEAF (mine) to 1 Volt and 6 LEAFs. Today at lunch, I saw two LEAFs and the Volt all in the EV parking spaces. Two were charging and one was waiting. I have created an internal email distribution list and am adding all the EV owners to it. This way we should be able to notify each other when a station is free.

Cooperation is the key. EV infighting will only hurt the cause.

We have the same set up at work. We listed it in PlugShare as a private station, and using the alert feature in favorites, and by checking in, we can can all be notified when a plug becomes available and when we expect to be done. Cooperation is helpful, but it does sound like you're growing into needing a second station.

Back