Has Gudy's ship come in?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yokohama. If you go back to the first page of this thread, this stuff is outlined in the very first message by LakeLeaf. A bit of digging around on that site and you can monitor ports, ships, and itinerary history. But if that sounds like too much, just monitor the Nissan dock. This is where City of Oslo is sitting at the momentThen just look up the itinerary history for the last few days and you can usually get a idea if the ship came from Japan. I'm not sure they come from anywhere else even.. ??

City of Oslo: http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/shipdetails.aspx?mmsi=563835000&header=true
click on the coordinates on the left side to bring up the map location. Zoom in to see Nissan Way and turn on Satellite to see all the cars that normally occupy this dock.

Okay - as a favor - is there anyone who is 8/31 that is reading this - that doesn't have "pending" again as their delivery date. - The VIN thread is following this and the guess is that once your car has come off the ship - your dashboard gets all messed up again as real date for delivery are getting determined. Comment in the VIN thread (sticky) not here.

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
Okay - as a favor - is there anyone who is 8/31 that is reading this - that doesn't have "pending" again as their delivery date. - The VIN thread is following this and the guess is that once your car has come off the ship - your dashboard gets all messed up again as real date for delivery are getting determined. Comment in the VIN thread (sticky) not here.

I am an 8/31 order. My dashboard USED to bop around between "week of January 5" to "Jan 10" or some such date.

It now simply says "pending".

:mrgreen:

Well I don't quite know how I was goaded into going down to the port, but I did, and stood in the rain for about 30 minutes watching Muranos and Rogues being off-loaded. Maybe the LEAFs were already off, maybe they were yet to come. At this point I'm cold, wet, and don't care. :lol:

city_of_olso.jpg

Now you are likely on one of those terrorist watch lists where they make all your personal info public. I hope you were not seen taking pictures at the docks:)

mwalsh said:
stood in the rain for about 30 minutes watching Muranos and Rogues being off-loaded. Maybe the LEAFs were already off, maybe they were yet to come.

I wonder how much juice they put in the LEAFs in Japan so that they can drive them off the ship when they get here? (I assume with ICE's there's some nominal amount of gasoline in the tank for the trip)

wsbca said:
I wonder how much juice they put in the LEAFs in Japan so that they can drive them off the ship when they get here? (I assume with ICE's there's some nominal amount of gasoline in the tank for the trip)
The engineer in me says that to charge them to no more than 80% full. In fact, I'd expect Nissan to recommend that they don't charge to 100% full unless they know they'll need it to maximize battery life.

Nissan engineers may recommend something even lower for shipping. Most lithium chemistries store best around 40% full - so they may even ship them at a lower charge.

mwalsh said:
EVDRIVER said:
Now you are likely on one of those terrorist watch lists where they make all your personal info public. I hope you were not seen taking pictures at the docks:)

But of course. They even sent a van to watch me...told you they would a few posts back.

No picture of the van?

mwalsh said:
Well I don't quite know how I was goaded into going down to the port, but I did, and stood in the rain for about 30 minutes watching Muranos and Rogues being off-loaded.

Hah! That's awesome dedication. Right up there with the rain-soaked polar bear.

mwalsh said:
Speaking of which....City of Oslo is on the move again.....reporting Yokohama as her destination. Sorry, those who were hoping she'd head up the coast.
I'm not sure they would drop off Leafs in different places and have the new accessories installed. I'd think they will install the accessories in one place for now.

I never expected it to move up the coast. It is far cheaper to truck the cars then move the hugh ship. I am glad it is empty and going for more Leafs.

Back