Having issues with your Carwings dashboard not updating?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is set to "Never" - I got tired of all the worthless crap the car always downloaded - and Carwings works flawlessly. Well, I should say that Carwings works as expected since it has always been far from flawless... :lol:

OrientExpress said:
I have fixed my problem with updates. Turns out, I had set the update interval to "never" instead of "power on". The 2 options are right next to each other in the parameter list. Now updates are posted the same day they are generated, and the cached data from previous days was sent as well.

TomT said:
Mine is set to "Never" - I got tired of all the worthless crap the car always downloaded - and Carwings works flawlessly. Well, I should say that Carwings works as expected since it has always been far from flawless... :lol:

When the car starts playing the download, you can preempt it by just pushing the map or radio selection button.

about a week ago...not sure exactly what day, I all of a sudden had carwings reading me some RSS feed for no reason. I had not asked to download or listen to anything. I was listening to the radio and all of a sudden it started reading some incoherent message. I pushed the back button and went back to listening to the radio but thought it was strange. I've noticed a lack of texts lately and then for the past two days I've tried to connect the iphone app to the car and it wont connect. Tonight I tried to read the carwings history online and sure enough there has been no data since the 20th. About the same time as the strange RSS feed came in.

Was somebody hacking into my car and it locked up the connection to the server? Very strange. I guess its time to take it to the dealer to find out what is wrong with the connection. It has worked perfectly since taking possession of the car. All the TSB's I've read seem to be about how to set up the connection in the first place at the dealership, not about fixing carwings that stopped when previously working. I guess I'll find out.

Turning off download entirely is so much easier and cleaner! It never has anything to say that is of any interest to me anyway.

OrientExpress said:
TomT said:

When the car starts playing the download, you can preempt it by just pushing the map or radio selection button.

just went out to the car and checked the history and mine is set to "never" and I have a download called "9000ch" that came in. There is no date that I can find, but since there are only 3 things that have been downloaded and the other two I recognize from when I was playing with the car new, it has to be the one I got the other day. same non-message. I also tried to get it to update charge stations and have it connect to the server and it fails every time. the cell signal seems good, so I think it is definitely locked up.

I don't use anything on carwings except the text messages, so I'd like to get this fixed to get that back.

A few weeks ago I noticed the navigation display 'signal' icon normally showing an antenna and active bars was replaced with a car icon with an inverted triangle with a diagonal slash over the icon. Since CarWings had stopped working I am guessing this is the TCU trying to say it's not working and when I asked to update charging stations it said a connection could not be made. I had found that fuse F34 powers the TCU but could not find a fuse labeled F34 in the car so I pulled the negative 12 volt battery terminal to reset the TCU and communications resumed but I lost the dash settings, like trip meter, dash clock, avg speed, elasped time and startup sound went to default. Since then a thread covering TCU resetting which shows where the F34 fuse is.

I like the Fuse pulling idea to reset the TCU as described in this thread -> http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3964#p93162" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , so the next time I need to reset the TCU this will be used. Eventually, the TCU will get reprogrammed by the dealer to correct this problem to allow self resetting.

Thanks Nekota. I had not seen that post before. I was able to reset the TCU by cycling power, and now the carwings is talking again and I'm once again getting text messages from the car.

I'm still going to have them update the software when I take the car in for a 6 month checkup, but at least I don't have to go out of my way right now.

Thanks to Vegastar for the image.

img0469k.jpg

Just gave this a try and it worked like a charm, much better than having to disconnect the battery! If you Carwings is still down from the crash, your car may need a TCU reboot. I pulled this fuse and left it out for 20 minutes, put it back in and got a signal immediately!

palmermd said:
Thanks Nekota. I had not seen that post before. I was able to reset the TCU by cycling power, and now the carwings is talking again and I'm once again getting text messages from the car.

I'm still going to have them update the software when I take the car in for a 6 month checkup, but at least I don't have to go out of my way right now.

Thanks to Vegastar for the image.

img0469k.jpg

GaslessInSeattle said:
Just gave this a try and it worked like a charm, much better than having to disconnect the battery! If you Carwings is still down from the crash, your car may need a TCU reboot. I pulled this fuse and left it out for 20 minutes, put it back in and got a signal immediately!
Ditto here. Thank you for identifying the fuse and posting the photo, Michael! Saved me a trip to the dealer :)

Back