Heater Coolant Hot when Charging - Teakettle Syndrome

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charged "StanLEAF Steamer" to full this AM. Late this afternoon, drove down coast at 60mph to next town with Garygid. Stopped at a store, short demo in parking lot to nice couple, stopped at Mossy Nissan Oceanside for an amp-nibble from one of their four L2 electro-plugs. Drove home at 63mph for a round trip of almost 60 miles, had 17 miles left (2 red bars). Did not run A/C, just a bit of fan, headlights at some of last miles.
Charging at L2 now for a few hours, car went from less than 33% to 58% full now. So far, so good.
Finished charging to 100%. House electric meter shows 24Kwh used while charging in period 645pm to 630am or about 12 hours. My daily use is almost 17Kwh last month. That includes some house fan, refridge, lights, wallwarts, TV, computers. Only about 18 hours from car in April. Given my poor math skills, I would say that the car was 5/6ths discharged (indicated 2 bars or 17 miles range after trip), then the empty part of battery capacity would have been about 20Kwh. The fact that 24Kwh was used during the charging period is about right after subtracting about 4Kwh for house use in the lowest draw overnight hours. Cost for that 5/6th charge was 20Kwh x $0.27/Kwh in "Tier3" of SDG&E billing rates for $5.40 cost of charging car. That covered a 62 mile trip. That is an 8.7 cents per mile cost. It is quite a bit less than my 1993 minivan cost of 19.76 cents per mile for gasoline.
Gregg

Back