Help me get into a Leaf!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roddzilla

Yes, this is my first post. I've lurked here for a while and It's time I registered and pulled the trigger on a Leaf.

I'll be honest, its the low lease deals on the 2012 models that have me hooked.

At these sub $200 per month prices and the 1.29 cents per kWh EV charging rates I get (plus free charging at work), it makes a Leaf cheaper to commute in than the monthly Audi S5 fuel bill I have today. My commute is 23 miles each way, fairly level, 80% highway (with free HOV use for EV's!!).

So, I guess this means that I'm looking for a nice SL model to lease and maybe 15K miles per year. I'm fairly flexible.

What are the dealerships within decent range of Atlanta, GA that I should be looking at with attractive lease deals? Any dealerships to avoid?

I've searched, but see nothing specific in the Atlanta area concerning really good lease deals. I'm also willing to travel a little to get the right car and a good deal.

Any help is appreciated, and if I can make this work I look forward to being a regular contributor here.

Many thanks in advance,

DR

i dont live near u..but, your low mile cammute is perfect for the car.u will love it.put, the audi a-what ever in deep hibernation.you will find very little use for it...i predict.
now your electric rate??-- a little over 1 cent per kw is that right?
check your insurance rate also--it varies widly + allstate gave me some bogus rate.they thought i would just accept.so i pushed back...and wouldn't you know---the rate went in 1/2................like majic.

Hello DR.

I too have been looking for a sub $200 / mo. Lease on a Leaf. From what I've read here on MNL, the sub $200 leases were more prevalent in Sept. and Oct. as Nissan tried to kickstart slowing Leaf sales. As I write this, it is Dec. 1st, a.m. I am waiting to hear if Nissan makes any changes to the incentives it has been offering on the 2012 Leaf. In my research, I've found that incentives vary by region, and I'm being told that the incentive I'm eligible for is dictated by my region / area code.

I have seen Sheehy Nissan in Manassas VA. advertise sub $200/mo. Leaf leases in Nov. They are about 625 miles from Atlanta. I can neither recommend or warn against them, although they did seem to add in a bunch if extra costs in the estimate I received from them. I'm not sure how large your search area is, but with the limited driving range of the Leaf, if you buy outside your immediate area you will have to have the car transported. If the deal is good enough, this cost may be justified.

Good luck!

Thanks for the responses so far.

Yes, the Georgia Power super off peak rates (11P to 7A) are $0.0129 per kWh. The state also has $2500 credit on the charger and $5000 credit on the purchase or lease of a 0 emission vehicle.

The free HOV lane is an additional bonus.

I can go get the car and trailer it back if its the right deal!

DR

DR welcome to the forum.

I would look at any dealership that does a high volume of Leaf sales. In my case I looked at the local dealers and then priced the car from Fontanna. Even after paying the shipping cost it was much cheaper to buy the car out of state.

You are wise to do a lease instead of a purchase. I would also ask the dealer to price shipping it to your location. In my case the shipping cost was also less than trailering it home myself. My advise is price it both ways. It does not always pay to do it your self.

Make sure you take a look at these numbers. http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10794" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

my local dealer in texas matched the lowest lease,posted in california.Why wouldn't yours?
What is the real difference?The cars all cost the same to make/sell,etc.Mine did it & so will your local dealer!

Roddzilla said:
Thanks for the responses so far.

Yes, the Georgia Power super off peak rates (11P to 7A) are $0.0129 per kWh. The state also has $2500 credit on the charger and $5000 credit on the purchase or lease of a 0 emission vehicle.

The free HOV lane is an additional bonus.

I can go get the car and trailer it back if its the right deal!

DR

Nice! penny a K is hard to beat. even with brisk driving you will get about 3 miles out of each Kwh making it .3 cents a mile to drive. if you Audi is getting 35 mpg (which i doubt) then that would be 10 cents a mile for gas only...

epic said:
my local dealer in texas matched the lowest lease,posted in california.Why wouldn't yours?
What is the real difference?The cars all cost the same to make/sell,etc.Mine did it & so will your local dealer!

Problem here is different markets get different bonuses. The $5500 dealer cash we get here in Madison might not be available to dealerships in Flordia or Arizona or wherever. A while back I sold a truck to a Texas resident and Texas had better rebates on the truck than we did here in WI so he got it $4000 cheaper than a resident of WI would have been able to buy it for.

Generally speaking though, if it isn't that massive most dealerships will match other advertisements or specials from other dealerships as long as they aren't losing a ton.

Well, I did it.

2012 Leaf SL
accessories = carpeted floor mats and mud flaps
Red (or Cayenne or whatever its called!)

zero down
15K miles per month
24 month lease
$225 per month

So far so good!

Roddzilla,
Well done. You got a great deal on the car. I hope you like your new car as much as I like mine. My LEAF is a year old this week and after 10,000 miles it has been fun to drive and 100% trouble free. Best car I have ever owned.
KJD

Roddzilla said:
Well, I did it.

2012 Leaf SL

zero down
15K miles per month
24 month lease
$225 per month

So far so good!
great deal!

Roddzilla said:
Well, I did it.

2012 Leaf SL

zero down
15K miles per month
24 month lease
$225 per month

So far so good!
Yes, congrats! What was your NMAC lease cash incentive? Someone from Georgia was asking on a different lease thread.

Roddzilla , which dealership did you go to? I've been looking in the Atlanta area. Did that price include tax? any other fees?

That is a great deal, did you have any out of pocket expenses....tax, other expenses, etc....at signing?

brg2290 said:
Hello DR.

I too have been looking for a sub $200 / mo. Lease on a Leaf. From what I've read here on MNL, the sub $200 leases were more prevalent in Sept. and Oct. as Nissan tried to kickstart slowing Leaf sales. As I write this, it is Dec. 1st, a.m. I am waiting to hear if Nissan makes any changes to the incentives it has been offering on the 2012 Leaf. In my research, I've found that incentives vary by region, and I'm being told that the incentive I'm eligible for is dictated by my region / area code.

I have seen Sheehy Nissan in Manassas VA. advertise sub $200/mo. Leaf leases in Nov. They are about 625 miles from Atlanta. I can neither recommend or warn against them, although they did seem to add in a bunch if extra costs in the estimate I received from them. I'm not sure how large your search area is, but with the limited driving range of the Leaf, if you buy outside your immediate area you will have to have the car transported. If the deal is good enough, this cost may be justified.

Good luck!

I live 10miles East of them, they are a good dealer. The dealer I used was Cowles Nissan in Woodbridge VA, price was 249month nothing down 7500 tax credit plus 500 military. I had some negative equity from my previous trade which pushed my payment higher, overall payment from my trade was cut by $60 adding the reduction in gas from $50 per week to $65 per month in electricity it was a WIN-WIN.
Cowles still has a few 2012's left at the advertised 199 month and nothing down. If anyone is still looking Id advise contacting the closest Nissan Dealer and fineagle a deal!

Back