Here's a question I haven't yet found the answer to

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mashell said:
I'd like the center console to default to the energy usage screen
"If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride." "If turnips were.................."

Dream on, and welcome to the forum.
You might want to correct your delivery date, no LEAFs in 1961.

So what screens can be set by default? I have seen Map, Radio source, and Status. Are there others?

MikeD said:
So what screens can be set by default? I have seen Map, Radio source, and Status. Are there others?
If you mean what screen will appear at turn on, there are no choices. You get the "blue screen of frustration".

ebill3 said:
If you mean what screen will appear at turn on, there are no choices. You get the "blue screen of frustration".
I assume he means what screen shows up *after* you dismiss the CYA screen.
I *think* it's any of the top-level screens - the ones you can get to with a physical button press. If you have to press a software button, it don't work.

garsh said:
ebill3 said:
I assume he means what screen shows up *after* you dismiss the CYA screen.
I *think* it's any of the top-level screens - the ones you can get to with a physical button press. If you have to press a software button, it don't work.

Can you actually set this, or does it simply return to the last one you were viewing when you turned off the car?

GetOffYourGas said:
Can you actually set this, or does it simply return to the last one you were viewing when you turned off the car?
It just goes to the last screen. I didn't see any way to choose something in the manual.

I have found that I can set at least three of the screens (Map, Radio source, and Status) as default by holding the button that selects it for several seconds. This doesn't seem to apply to any screen that has a "Back" button in the upper RH corner, unfortunately.

BTW I have sat in a 2013 S trim line (no Carwings) Leaf at a dealership and noticed one benefit is that you are not prompted for a response upon start-up.

Back