Hi and a quick seatbelt question

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElectricFox

Hiya everyone,
I've had my 2014 Nissan Leaf for about 7 years now. It has been great, except I had a leak that was causing a mold problem.

Originally I thought it was condensation, but turned out to be the light on the "spoiler" part of the boot lid. Which was leaking and then causing excessive condensation from the water seeping into the boot sound dampening.

But we fixed that, and decided I'd like to change the seats, door panels and a few other bits and pieces black. With having it for some years, I just wanted to give it a bit of new life.

However I need to replace the seatbelts for black ones.

Now, after taking you on that little journey, here is my question: Can the seatbelts be replaced with an alternate make?

Such as from a newer Leaf version?

A petrol equivalent, like a Nissan Micra?

Will the universal three point retracting seatbelts work?

Or, as my dad had told me, do I have to use the exact same make and model of belt from another 2014 Nissan Leaf?

Hope putting it here is right, as I assume it's a "simple question". But I'd really appreciate the help.

As a side note. Getting the Leaf was one of the best investments I've ever made. Been a great runner, and saved me so much money.

Back