How entusiastic are you, now that some days have gone by ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essiemme

Now that we are anxioulsy waiting for our Leafs, here in Europe, there is a big expectation, for sure.

Since some of you guys have received yours some days ago, I was wondering how are you feeling about this, have your entusiasm levels gone down, I mean, have you already lost this feeling we're now feeling ?

Does the Leaf still keep you excited, like making you feel like going out to drive it agains, and again ?

...is that, I feel I cannot wait any longer...
:roll:

well, i speak for myself in that it is just a car. but ya, its cool. The Leaf is not as distinctive as my Little Zenn was so not many who have seen it even realize its an electric car.

but i have been stopped by a few people and had a few thumbs up and ya, its a great feeling. with my electric rates i am averaging about 3½ cents per mile traveled which compares well with my 53 mpg Prius which is costing me over 6 cents a mile (that does not include other maintenance costs that my Leaf will not have) so it is saving me money as well.

so ya, the glow is still there.

Essiemme said:
Does the Leaf still keep you excited, like making you feel like going out to drive it again, and again ?

Yes, it's great. We've had other fun and/or unique cars (first year Civic Hybrid, Element) but the Leaf takes it to another level for us, and frankly I don't see the excitement wearing off any time soon. Part of it is that we've also got solar, which gives the whole thing an integrated, self-sufficient feeling.

Well, I'm starting to get to the point where it's just a regular car. I still think it's as cool as heck, and I'm enjoying the new freedom of knowing what I can get away with without compromising my commute without having to think about a recharge - small things like little side trips away from the office at lunchtime, knowing that I can stomp on the go pedal every once in a while rather than being conservative all the time. Heck, I even inadvertently chirped the tires today taking off from a full stop at the end of a freeway off-ramp - that would have been completely unheard of two weeks ago. I am a little disappointed it doesn't get much notice outside of people who already know what it is. You kinda want to yell out "IT'S ELECTRIC PEOPLE!"

mwalsh said:
Well, I'm starting to get to the point where it's just a regular car. I still think it's as cool as heck, and I'm enjoying the new freedom of knowing what I can get away with without compromising my commute without having to think about a recharge - small things like little side trips away from the office at lunchtime, knowing that I can stomp on the go pedal every once in a while rather than being conservative all the time. Heck, I even inadvertently chirped the tires today taking off from a full stop at the end of a freeway off-ramp - that would have been completely unheard of two weeks ago. I am a little disappointed it doesn't get much notice outside of people who already know what it is. You kinda want to yell out "IT'S ELECTRIC PEOPLE!"

ITSELEC

Had it about 2 weeks. It replaced a smart car.

The smart car provided lots of attention, smiles, laughs.

The LEAF gets very little attention from others, but I still smile every time I pass a gas station! And I love the ride quality. I think I'll keep it a LONG time -- maybe upgrade the battery if that is offered.

I didn't get too excited when I saw a Toyota Rav4 EV either. My first thought was that it is a Rav4. EV just wasn't on my radar. It looks like a normal car, drives around town like a normal car.. So, it just isn't a major excitement for the other guy.
The Leaf is for the geek in me. To everyone else, it is just a variant on the Versa or Mazda3 hatchback.
I know, blasphemy! :shock:

Two weeks as of today. Still love it.
Seems like the perfect Euro family car, and will cling to those roads like it was on rails.
BI 638 in Spain or anywhere along the Côte d’Azur.
The LEAF seems downright aggressive from 0-70 km/hr. Above that, and yes, it gets a bit out of breath.
Plug in to a better future. To oil, say: au revoir, auf weidersehen, adeus, adios, ciao, vaarwel, goodbye, ...enjoy.

It's so quiet, calm, refined, smooth, luxurious. I feel like I've entered a different world when I'm driving my LEAF. It's still a car; the controls are in the right places. But it is different from anything I've owned before. Low noise, no vibration.

I'll never figure out a lot of the hi tech stuff; especially with the translation problems in the manuals. Page after page about "feeds", without one word explaining what they are. RSS feeds, or something else?

I do like the technology that lets me see state of charge. I mistakenly turned off the charging timer instead of climate control timer one night, and was able to recover from the error when I checked status on my smartphone. Hit the "charge now" button, and the car was usable by the time I got out of bed.

Best car I've ever owned, in many ways. Especially with gas prices rising. Quick off the line if you stomp on it. Even then, it is quiet. I like that a LOT.

-Karl

kolmstead said:
It's so quiet, calm, refined, smooth, luxurious. I feel like I've entered a different world when I'm driving my LEAF. It's still a car; the controls are in the right places. But it is different from anything I've owned before. Low noise, no vibration.

I'll never figure out a lot of the hi tech stuff; especially with the translation problems in the manuals. Page after page about "feeds", without one word explaining what they are. RSS feeds, or something else?

I do like the technology that lets me see state of charge. I mistakenly turned off the charging timer instead of climate control timer one night, and was able to recover from the error when I checked status on my smartphone. Hit the "charge now" button, and the car was usable by the time I got out of bed.

Best car I've ever owned, in many ways. Especially with gas prices rising. Quick off the line if you stomp on it. Even then, it is quiet. I like that a LOT.

-Karl

+1 to everything above.
:mrgreen:

2 weeks and and I still really love it. I do wish that it got noticed more though. Nissan should have given everybody those big ZERO EMISSION stickers for free. It would have been great marketing.

It's only been four days for us, but still love the car. Handling is much better than I remember from the short test drive. Effortless acceleration - you just press on the pedal and it goes. But the most enjoyable car I ever owned is still my '84 Rabbit GTI. Maybe if the LEAF would make that little "pop, pop" sound whenever you lift your foot off the throttle...

Oh please no! They are ugly and garish beyond words! If the car came standard with those, it would be a deal breaker for me.

WWBD said:
2 weeks and and I still really love it. I do wish that it got noticed more though. Nissan should have given everybody those big ZERO EMISSION stickers for free. It would have been great marketing.

mogur said:
Oh please no! They are ugly and garish beyond words! If the car came standard with those, it would be a deal breaker for me.

WWBD said:

I have the stickers and don't even notice them any more...

Sadly, most other people don't notice them either. My Leaf and I travel fairly incognito. I'm surprised, actually.....I expected much more interest/questions. ;)

If Aptera had produced a car it would be impossible for the owners not to talk about EVs. I really wish Nissan would have come out with a more modern design rather than using the tired body of other products they make. I don't get this need to make the car so conservative. European designs have always been ahead of the US.

Jimmydreams said:
I have the stickers and don't even notice them any more...

Jimmy, could you please post a pic of your car with the zero emissions sticker? We were told that the sticker on the production car would be much smaller than the one they had on the pre-production ones. Is it much smaller? Thanks!

EVDRIVER said:
If Aptera had produced a car it would be impossible for the owners not to talk about EVs.
Yes - but would they have bought it ? Wouldn't it reinforce the idea that EVs are a niche novelty ?

WWBD said:
..I do wish that it got noticed more though. Nissan should have given everybody those big ZERO EMISSION stickers for free. It would have been great marketing.
Still enthusiastic here with some effort. Two months to go until my car arrives?

My custom engraved ("Solar Powered") license plate frame should be here in a few days. I hope that will make people think when they see it at a stoplight.

DeaneG said:
WWBD said:
..I do wish that it got noticed more though. Nissan should have given everybody those big ZERO EMISSION stickers for free. It would have been great marketing.
Still enthusiastic here with some effort. Two months to go until my car arrives?

My custom engraved ("Solar Powered") license plate frame should be here in a few days. I hope that will make people think when they see it at a stoplight.

I like your frame. My custom plate is SN*PWRD. Just waiting on DMV to get my VIN listed so I can pick it up! And, yes to stay on topic, I still love my car!!

Back