How entusiastic are you, now that some days have gone by ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I back into my driveway and garage. That way everything I need to see I can see ahead of me when leaving. When returning to the house I can also see everything that I need to see, ahead or to the side of me, as I approach and partially pass the driveway before going into reverse and turning into the driveway. (And I'm generally in more of a rush to get out when leaving than I am to get in when returning.)

Just a thought.

rdhauser said:
I leave my house by backing out a driveway that is closely confined between two houses in a residential area with a lot of pedestrian traffic. If the rear side pillars didn't need to be so thick, then I could check each side of the sidewalk for oncoming trikes and tikes. However, just can't do that without stopping to glance left and right.
JPWhite said:
It gives one peace of mind when backing out of the garage that you aren't backing over the dog or grandchild.

Eleafgrrl said:
Fighting my hubby on a daily basis over who gets to drive it!! Love, love, love my Leaf!!!!!!!!!

That's one BIG problem that I don't have to deal with, TG! My wife doesn't really care about driving the LEAF even though she loves riding in it when we go almost everywhere. She is happy driving her Corolla back and forth to work (10 miles RT). I even offered to take her to and from work every day. :D She does like filling up about once a month now instead of every one or two weeks.

Yodrak said:
I back into my driveway and garage. That way everything I need to see I can see ahead of me when leaving. When returning to the house I can also see everything that I need to see, ahead or to the side of me, as I approach and partially pass the driveway before going into reverse and turning into the driveway. (And I'm generally in more of a rush to get out when leaving than I am to get in when returning.)

I would absolutely back in too if it weren't for my wife's 'gigantic' car in there. If I backed in, there would be hardly any room to open my door and I would be chipping our cars' paint all the time. On the other side, there are cabinets, so I just hung a thick towel to absorb the 'bump'.

Yodrak said:

I had a lot of drivers' ed during my work days. Backing in is definitely the preferred method, unless you have
pull-through. As you say, you have a clear view of the space you are going to be backing into, not always true
when backing out.

I set up my EVSE for backing in.

Over 2,000 miles and it still puts a smile on my face. It's just so easy to plug in at home and bypass the gas station. I love it !!

Back