How is this offer?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds good to me, you need to post your location, location of this Leaf makes a big difference in how much battery you have left, this leaf has been sitting around for a while and if it's from Phoenix or Texas it could have a low capacity battery due to the Heat. Also once you post your location here you might find someone with a LeafDD battery reader or Bluetooth with Phone app to see what condition those batteries are at before you buy it.

Fred

Oregon however the carfax said auction from California. However how much abuse could it get within 5000 miles?

With the lack of 6 kw charger and of course no tax breaks does it just make it a meh offer or is it still great?

kieranmullen said:
Oregon however the carfax said auction from California. However how much abuse could it get within 5000 miles?

With the lack of 6 kw charger and of course no tax breaks does it just make it a meh offer or is it still great?

Cool, you might have plenty of GiDs left to get you around easy, it's a sweet deal... I paid 18k for my 2011 with 19600 miles. There are a lot of Oregon leaf owners here on this website, maybe one can help you read the stats on the battery..... What color is it?

Fred

"Auction from California" means possible heat - likely heat. It isn't as much how many miles it was driven as how long it sat fully charged in Hot weather, or was recharged in Hot weather. Still, as long as the battery capacity checks out (as measured by a better device than the dashboard) it sound like a decent deal - assuming the damage really is fixed.

Most important, Make sure that it does not have a salvage title!

Many companies will not insure salvage cars and it is hard to get financing.

Otherwise it sounds like a good deal. My 2012 was repaired by fix auto and it looked perfect.

kieranmullen said:
Hmm I will check out the insurance right now. It is a salvage title thank you.
This was apparently a great deal until you mentioned "salvage title". Unless you plan to drive it for a long time, I would not buy a car with a salvage title.

I bought it and brought it to a dealership for a recall at which time they supposedly did an inspection of the car. I called the old insurance company to find their parts yard in California and they could not tell me why it was totaled but they did have pictures. Link to the salvage yard pictures http://imgur.com/a/NWmJO" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What do I have to worry about in this crumple zone not working? Everything seems fine driving it... At least it didnt sink in a swamp or river...

Unless the entire sub-section from the firewall forward was replaced, I'd be concerned. I don't know the details of Leaf construction, but assuming it's a unibody it's hard to completely replace, or even completely straighten, mangled sections that large. We should dig up some assembly line photos so we can see if the motor compartment is an add-on or part of the main unibody.

Everything on the inside and bottom looked replaced as new http://imgur.com/a/tUOWV#1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However not sure how to check for a straight frame inside. outside it looks fine and drives fine.

LeftieBiker said:
I looked at some photos like this one:

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images...68557831167/Nissan-Leaf-production-li-008.jpg

and it appears there is a motor cradle that extends outward from the main unibody. Hopefully that survived the crash intact and they just replaced everything else.

kieranmullen said:
I bought it and brought it to a dealership for a recall at which time they supposedly did an inspection of the car. I called the old insurance company to find their parts yard in California and they could not tell me why it was totaled but they did have pictures. Link to the salvage yard pictures http://imgur.com/a/NWmJO" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What do I have to worry about in this crumple zone not working? Everything seems fine driving it... At least it didnt sink in a swamp or river...

The damage looks bad, but there's a large void of empty space, foam, and plastic behind the front bumper cover that could have just crumpled without impacting anything else. When you start removing the damaged sheet metal and plastic, front end damage like this starts looking a lot less severe.

If it drives well and tracks straight, I wouldn't worry.

I put 800 Miles on it so far. Signed up for the Electric highway DC chargers unlimited use for $20 a month used it 5 times so far. We took a trip to the coast and also to Bonneville dam. All went well however came in to the DC with 3 miles left because the chargers will not go over 80% which is stupid!

I understand that the 100% will take longer and I understand that I can use the level 2 to top off which might be a good idea if someone is waiting. However if no one is waiting then go ahead and keep charging! They are in remote areas so one is not going to let it sit at 100% capacity for very long.

Oh well. Wife and 6 year old have range anxiety. I don't.

kubel said:
kieranmullen said:

The damage looks bad, but there's a large void of empty space, foam, and plastic behind the front bumper cover that could have just crumpled without impacting anything else. When you start removing the damaged sheet metal and plastic, front end damage like this starts looking a lot less severe.

If it drives well and tracks straight, I wouldn't worry.

Back