"I Agree" message each time the car starts. Make it stop!!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another less than robust defense: I use CW to send addresses from Google Maps with the "send to car" function. I then store them in the car's address book and I don't have to use the car's clumsy keyboard.

Hello.

I don't have a LEAF I only have a reservation (since april 25 2010) so don't shoot me if this is a dumb question.

Does the "I agree" message prevent the car from running (or moving) until you answer?

jimcmorr said:
Hello.

I don't have a LEAF I only have a reservation (since april 25 2010) so don't shoot me if this is a dumb question.

Does the "I agree" message prevent the car from running (or moving) until you answer?
Not at all. You just do not get the car wings functionality like saved navigation feeds or updates to the charging stations.

johnr said:
If the screen said "press the cruise button up to accept, press down to reject" it would be much more convenient than having to reach over and press a virtual button on a touch screen. Or, if it said simply, tap the screen to accept - and then times out after a few seconds. But hey, it's the price of being an early adopter...

The message goes away if you hit the driving range button twice (the triangle button on the steering wheel)

Then you don't have to touch the screen at all!

intrepion said:
The message goes away if you hit the driving range button twice (the triangle button on the steering wheel)

Then you don't have to touch the screen at all!
Cool! Thanks for the tip :)

walterbays said:
But actually this Carwings agreement, forced by Nissan lawyers, isn't only a usability error, but it might be a legal error as well. It's *my* car and I say I want it talking to Nissan, and it isn't for the driver to say.

This is, to me the strongest angle on why Nissan needs to fix this misfeature. The authorization/acceptance should be done by the person(s) that are valid for engaging in such an agreement, and then be saved/stored. It simply is too easy, with the way it is currently implemented, for someone that isn't entitled to engage in the agreement to be the one to accept it.

But there is precious small chance that it will get fixed (at least for those of us with 2011 models), unless someone forces Nissan to do an update with a fix. All I can suggest is to complain to Nissan; notes on this forum are helpful to each other, but unlikely to reach the right ears at Nissan. If enough owners complain to the company directly, they'll at least get an idea that something isn't all okay with their product. -- Mark

jimcmorr said:
shay said:
Not at all. You just do not get the car wings functionality like saved navigation feeds or updates to the charging stations.
What's CARWINGS?

:D

I stopped using CARWINGS about a week after I got my LEAF. The data it gathers is either not accurate ("Electricity Consumption", "Distance Traveled and Energy Economy") or of interest to me ("Eco Tree Record"). I've used the pre-cool feature exactly once, and only to show off. Now I just routinely press "Nyet".

kawh said:
This may be a "duh" for everyone-- but i just can't take it anymore and can't find anything in the search feature here.
If you find that annoying, wait 'til you have to press buttons three times to turn off the A/C!

Back