I received my $5000 CVRP check and someone else's too!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notlpip

I received two envelopes yesterday from the Center for Sustainable Energy. One of them had my name with my slightly altered address and one with my correct address and someone else's name. I opened the one with my name and enclosed was a check for the $5000 rebate with my name and address printed correctly on the check. I opened the other envelope and found the check for a fellow LEAF owner in another part of California with his name and address printed correctly on the check. I found this gentleman's phone number online and left him a message but he has not yet called me back. I didn't give him all the details in the message just that I was a LEAF owner and that I had some information regarding his rebate. He may think that I am a salesman or something but I thought that it would be better for him and faster if I just mailed him his check directly rather than send it back to San Diego. If you are on this forum and you received a strange call yesterday regarding your rebate, give me a call back. I would like to verify your address before I mail out this check. I will try to reach you again later. To everyone else who is waiting for their rebate, I hope it gets into the envelope that has your name and address printed on it!

notlpip said:
If you are on this forum and you received a strange call yesterday regarding your rebate, give me a call back. I would like to verify your address before I mail out this check.

Ya, that is me. Just send it to me at my new house address;

P.O. Box 232838
Lagos, Nigeria

Also, if you send me an additional $5000, I will make sure that you have access to $39 million Pound Sterling waiting in a London bank for you.

Thanks,

Oba Tony

TonyWilliams said:

P.O. Box 232838
Lagos, Nigeria
Glad we found you to return your money. However, in order to get the money past corrupt government officials, we will need a small portion of your rebate--$500--to assure its safe passage. Please wire the money to:

I. Rip-ewe
New York, NY

davewill said:
I'd send it back to CCSE, instead. They should know about the mistake. Otherwise, the guy could end up with two.
+1

Send it back, let CCSE sort it out and correct any other related errors.
In the big scheme of things, the lucky owners has his car and his rebate is secured.. a few days extra to get the check isn't a huge deal.

+ 1 Call the guys at the Center and ask them what you should do. It is likely they will say that you should return it to them and they will handle the matter. You have very honorable thoughts but it can lead to even more confusion. If not, worse.

notlpip said:
I received two envelopes yesterday from the Center for Sustainable Energy. .....

The CSE must be busy - received my check with the correct address on the envelope and the cover letter but a seriously abbreviated version of my last name on the check itself.

folla said:
The CSE must be busy - received my check with the correct address on the envelope and the cover letter but a seriously abbreviated version of my last name on the check itself.
Stuff happens--we had a misspelled last name on ours. Just a one letter typo, we probably could have cashed it, but we called CSE and had another one issued with the correct spelling. It took a month more and a couple of phone calls to finally get the rebate check corrected, but by and large, David and Kyle have done a great job at executing a huge task with a minimum of delays and errors, I think--much better than Nissan did in delivering the vehicles, anyway... :cry:

TT

ttweed said:
folla said:
Stuff happens--we had a misspelled last name on ours. Just one letter, we probably could have cashed it, but we called CSE and had another one issued with the correct spelling. It took a month more and a couple of phone calls to finally get the rebate check corrected, but by and large, David and Kyle have done a great job at executing a huge task with a minimum of delays and errors, I think--much better than Nissan did in delivering the vehicles, anyway... :cry:

TT

I'll echo big kudos to csse; 2 'wk turn on the check, great support, prompt replies - excellent service for the customer!

TonyWilliams said:
notlpip said:
If you are on this forum and you received a strange call yesterday regarding your rebate, give me a call back. I would like to verify your address before I mail out this check.

P.O. Box 232838
Lagos, Nigeria

Also, if you send me an additional $5000, I will make sure that you have access to $39 million Pound Sterling waiting in a London bank for you.

Thanks,

Oba Tony

All I need to do is read "Nigeria" to know that this is a SCAM nonetheless!!!! Send the money back to the Energy Commision...ugh...shameless people

AlejandroatRazzari said:
All I need to do is read "Nigeria" to know that this is a SCAM nonetheless!!!! Send the money back to the Energy Commision...ugh...shameless people
Lighten up. Tony was just joking using the typical Nigerian scam lingo. I thought it was pretty funny.

Stoaty said:
AlejandroatRazzari said:
Lighten up. Tony was just joking using the typical Nigerian scam lingo. I thought it was pretty funny.

How u dey !?

I worked in Lagos, Nigeria, flying for an airline there. There are many, many Nigerian scams, but the email / internet scams should be the ones that EVERYBODY knows.

Yes, it was my joke. Sorry that everybody didn't get it. I guess the "Oba Tony" didn't mean anything here (Oba is a King in the Yoruba language).

PS: Nigeria is not recommended for a family vacation.

notlpip said:
I received two envelopes yesterday from the Center for Sustainable Energy. One of them had my name with my slightly altered address and one with my correct address and someone else's name. I opened the one with my name and enclosed was a check for the $5000 rebate with my name and address printed correctly on the check. I opened the other envelope and found the check for a fellow LEAF owner in another part of California with his name and address printed correctly on the check. I found this gentleman's phone number online and left him a message but he has not yet called me back. I didn't give him all the details in the message just that I was a LEAF owner and that I had some information regarding his rebate. He may think that I am a salesman or something but I thought that it would be better for him and faster if I just mailed him his check directly rather than send it back to San Diego. If you are on this forum and you received a strange call yesterday regarding your rebate, give me a call back. I would like to verify your address before I mail out this check. I will try to reach you again later. To everyone else who is waiting for their rebate, I hope it gets into the envelope that has your name and address printed on it!

notlpip,

First off let me apologize for the mistake. Please mail the check to CCSE at the address below. Additionally, please give me a call directly, at 858.244.1190. I would like to correct this situation as soon as possible.

California Center for Sustainable Energy
Attn: Clean Vehicle Rebate Project
8690 Balboa Ave., Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92123

-David

Back