I would be happy if nissan wasn't keeping us in the dark

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to go OT but the Juke is a pretty fast little car. There are alot around here and I have talked to the owners. They really love them!

EVDRIVER said:
Something makes me feel more confident about a Nissan EV over a Ford and I do think Ford has done great things with their products over the years but not in the EV space. Nissan has really put a great effort into the Leaf and I have never owned a single Nissan product.

I don't know from personal experience but auto writers say that the Ford hybrid is better than the Prius. Ford might surprise us all with a better EV. Wouldn't it be nice to buy a good American car?

TRONZ said:
Not to go OT but the Juke is a pretty fast little car. There are alot around here and I have talked to the owners. They really love them!

I saw this car in a bronze color fully loaded with AWD and the full price with destination was $25K. Very nice in person!

Desertstraw said:
EVDRIVER said:
Something makes me feel more confident about a Nissan EV over a Ford and I do think Ford has done great things with their products over the years but not in the EV space. Nissan has really put a great effort into the Leaf and I have never owned a single Nissan product.

I don't know from personal experience but auto writers say that the Ford hybrid is better than the Prius. Ford might surprise us all with a better EV. Wouldn't it be nice to buy a good American car?

Where does that hybrid tech in the Ford come from?

Desertstraw said:
EVDRIVER said:
Wouldn't it be nice to buy a good American car?
yes.
I am looking forward to a good American EV built in Tennessee by Americans, using American Lithium. The Saturn was it, then it wasn't. (What would it have looked like, "The all new 2011 Saturn, EV-14"?)

The world is still playing catchup to Toyota hybrids. Adding a plug to the gm hybrid line didn't impress me much. Next year, the world will be playing catchup to the Nissan EVs.
===
In the year, 2020, my car is an EV. My other car burns gasoline, but it is getting harder and harder to find someplace to fuel up. We are considering installing a fuel storage tank in my garage and having fuel delivered directly to my house once a year. She is a classic, 2010 GM Volt and we only drive it on Saturdays to Grandma's house or about 100 gallons per year.

Desertstraw said:
EVDRIVER said:

There's no way that Ford, i.e. Ford Focus EV is going to be a better EV than the LEAF. But I read lately that it could have a price tag of close to $40K. IMO, there will be no other EV to compare to the LEAF for at least three more years.

Desertstraw said:
I'm not sure how much of focus ev is really designed by Ford. It seems to me that it is primarily a Magna creation. Ford will just supply the body and sell it.

Sometime back there was a townhall type meeting with Mullaly (Ford's CEO). I thought he was downright anti-EV. Given that I don't see much commitment from Ford ...

evnow said:
GeorgeParrott said:
It would appear that fewer than a dozen Leaf vehicles will get delivered in 2010, while over 350 Volt cars are on the road TO customers and already as many are actually in customer garages as are Leaf models.
My bet is that most of the Jan deliveries will happen in the next 2 weeks.

BTW, GM has also shipped Volt's that couldn't be delivered to customer because it said "check engine".

I bet that's what's happened to our Leafs too! They arrived at the port, the "check engine" light was on, the techs couldn't find one, so they sent the cars back! :lol:

So as it looks at present, it appears there will be several handfuls of Leafs delivered in the next few weeks. After that - maybe a few handfuls more in Feb - even those being unconfirmed?

But then are we looking at almost no deliveries until the end of the Summer - or do we think that every few weeks a dozen or more cars will make their way to customers?

What event is supposed to happen to suddenly make 130 Leafs roll off the line a day when it seems there is about 1 car a day being made now? Any insights as to what is supposed to happen in order to have the switch turned on?

LakeLeaf said:
But then are we looking at almost no deliveries until the end of the Summer - or do we think that every few weeks a dozen or more cars will make their way to customers?
They want to deliver all 20K cars by end of summer.

So, I expect deliveries to accelerate after Feb/Mar.

Dec '10 : 100
Jan '11 : 200
Feb '11 : 300
Mar '11 : 1000
Apr '11 : 2000
May '11 : 2000
Jun '11 : 2000
Jul '11 : 4000
Aug '11 : 4000
Sep '11 : 4000

Aren't people who are within the first 1000 reservations already getting the "end of summer" letters?

And the number of deliveries in December appears like it is going to be closer to 4 then to 100.

evnow said:
LakeLeaf said:
They want to deliver all 20K cars by end of summer.

So, I expect deliveries to accelerate after Feb/Mar.
I thought the 20k included more than just the roll out states

Electric4Me said:
evnow said:
GeorgeParrott said:
It would appear that fewer than a dozen Leaf vehicles will get delivered in 2010, while over 350 Volt cars are on the road TO customers and already as many are actually in customer garages as are Leaf models.
My bet is that most of the Jan deliveries will happen in the next 2 weeks.

BTW, GM has also shipped Volt's that couldn't be delivered to customer because it said "check engine".

I bet that's what's happened to our Leafs too! They arrived at the port, the "check engine" light was on, the techs couldn't find one, so they sent the cars back! :lol:

WHAT!!?? Do you suppose somebody stole the engines outta the Leafs? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

garygid said:
What has to happen?
Nissan has to decide to GO, GO, GO!

I'm assuming that there is some issue - technical, monetary, or political that is preventing them from saying GO, GO, GO! Why else would you not be GOing like hell when you have tens of thousands of cars on order? But maybe I'm wrong - maybe they just wanted to make sure their four customers are really happy with their cars. :D

I tried to guess when my Leaf might arrive based on my reservation and order dates, but right now, it's like trying to draw a conclusion from crumbs.

Back