ICED - Images of Offending Vehicles Board of Shame

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davewill said:
Berlino said:
RonDawg said:
You mean an EV converted Corolla? I doubt it, as I can still see its tailpipe.
Personally, I would have confronted the Tesla owner who unplugged and left her car there.

Me too! As an EV driver herself, she should know better. I think being blocked by non-charging EVs are even worce than being blocked by ICEs. :evil:

ksnogas2112 said:
Berlino said:
Not sure what the term is for an EV that is parked in a designated charging spot without charging. The driver must have been in a hurry. Either that, or it's hard to maneuver a huge car like the i-Miev into a tiny space.

The phrase you're looking for is "doh"
. . . . . or - (it's happened to me) someone comes along and unplugs you just to be malicious . . . . or (while you're away) adjacent plugs are temporarily full, and someone unplugs you just so they can pick up 20 or 30 minutes of juice intending on plugging you back in, but they forget.

I've read the 19 pages and my angermeter is at 80% capacity.

My question..
If an ICE or a non chargin EV is parked in a charging only spot, can i park my car behind him to block his exit and plug in my car ?
That would make my day if i could. I'd be willing to install my GoPro and record what's going on when he comes out.

Not sure if i'm just having a bad day, but what i see in this thread is pissing me off completely. :(

mepeh said:

My question..
If an ICE or a non chargin EV is parked in a charging only spot, can i park my car behind him to block his exit and plug in my car ?
That would make my day if i could. I'd be willing to install my GoPro and record what's going on when he comes out.

Not sure if i'm just having a bad day, but what i see in this thread is pissing me off completely. :(

I had a guy use the spot after I told him it was for EV only. He walked off and said he needed to pay for his ticket and I could wait until he came back. I blocked his car so he could "wait", when he came back I did not move for exactly the time he made me wait. Seemed fair.

At least I got to charge. I was sitting in my car having lunch when the ICE drivers came out of Fred Meyer. After that people would look but parked elsewhere when they saw me watching while charging.

Picture removed - Photobucket sucks

mepeh said:

My question..

Did you miss my post on page 15?
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=13180&p=317757&hilit=passenger#p317757" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I understand the irritation, I've been there :oops: :evil:
Must be an even bigger problem in CA and PNW where there are many more EVs looking for a very limited number of places to charge. :cry: :cry:
But it just isn't worth getting in a confrontation with someone.
You could end up like the guy that got arrested after protesting being overcharged 1 cent for a bottle of beer after he call 911 twice and the non-emergency government line once.
Or in a really bad outcome, you might get shot. :cry: :cry: :cry:

TimLee said:
But it just isn't worth getting in a confrontation with someone.

No I didn't miss your post and i totally agree with it.
The thing is that i don't plan to confront anyone. If he parks in my charging spot and makes me waste time, i will park behind him and waste some of his time.
If he thinks he's doing the right thing by parking in an EV only spot than he should be intelligent enough to respect my move ;)
I think at that point he may be the one confronting me and can getting shot.

EVDRIVER said:
mepeh said:

My question..

I had a guy use the spot after I told him it was for EV only. He walked off and said he needed to pay for his ticket and I could wait until he came back. I blocked his car so he could "wait", when he came back I did not move for exactly the time he made me wait. Seemed fair.

He actually waited and moved after that?

In my experience, boorish people will simply double-down when someone tries to correct them.

Had a couple of bad experiences with ICEd parking spaces and have pretty much given up on public charging. The general public doesn't behave well enough to rely on them to do the right thing. Not worth the confrontation. Makes me question if public charging will ever work out. Someone needs to be supervising, watching to make sure bad behavior has consequences.

I've seen many many ICE vehicles in EV spots. Heck its most of the time where I go.
I've seen EVs parked and not charging. Why would someone do that?
I particularly love Priuses who think they're an electric car and deserve the spot.

dm33 said:
The general public doesn't behave well enough to rely on them to do the right thing. Not worth the confrontation. Makes me question if public charging will ever work out. Someone needs to be supervising, watching to make sure bad behavior has consequences
... and we have a winner!

If I'm looking for a place to park my silverado and there's a convenient spot there's no reason not to take it.

BTW the consequence is called a tow truck.

It was too dark to get a picture, but as I came out of the grocery store last night I noted a Toyota Highlander Hybrid parked next to me (in one of the "fuel efficient vehicle" spots). What caught my eye was that it had the white HOV stickers on it. Now, since Toyota does not make a PHEV other than the Prius, I have to assume that those stickers were either fake or obtained under false pretenses... They looked pretty good in the dim light so I'm leaning toward the latter.

I posted a picture from this site before, and someone noted that the spaces were very tight.

Indeed, one Honda Odyssey was able to take out three of the four spots.

I could have squeezed into the one free spot, but either would have had to jump over to the passenger side to exit, or the ICE driver wouldn't have been able to leave. I am wondering how the LEAF already there managed to leave, being stuck between the wall and the mini-Van.

vAOrrQB.jpg

I asked at the mall info desk if they'd page the ICE driver to move his car, but they weren't interested in doing so. All they did was a leave a note reminding them that the spaces are reserved for EV charging.

Some cars have valve stems that allow the air to flow freely form the tires when they are over inflated.

Berlino said:
I posted a picture from this site before, and someone noted that the spaces were very tight.

I could have squeezed into the one free spot, but either would have had to jump over to the passenger side to exit, or the ICE driver wouldn't have been able to leave. I am wondering how the LEAF already there managed to leave, being stuck between the wall and the mini-Van.

vAOrrQB.jpg

I asked at the mall info desk if they'd page the ICE driver to move his car, but they weren't interested in doing so. All they did was a leave a note reminding them that the spaces are reserved for EV charging.

now we know the real reason the leaf is a hatchback....so you can open the hatch and climb up to the driver's seat

ksnogas2112 said:
Berlino said:

vAOrrQB.jpg

now we know the real reason the leaf is a hatchback....so you can open the hatch and climb up to the driver's seat

Hah! I was thinking the same thing!

ksnogas2112 said:

There's snow and mud on the ground, so I don't want to test if it's easier to get to the driver's seat via the front-passenger side or the rear.

It would appear that these were the LEAF driver's only options, unless he was very skinny.

8psZcQM.jpg
qTE2se6.jpg

Back