iOS LeafSpy Pro Support

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cynicl12000 said:
Hi,

I just bought the app recently, and love it. However, I'm still learning how to use it, and it seems as though since the last upgrade, I cannot access the Application Help (it crashes the program). I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling in case there was an error with the upgrade, but it the issue persists.

Thanks,
Tim
Tim, I just tested the released version from iTunes and it crashes for me too. I tested the latest test version and it runs ok so not sure what is going on with the released version.

If you send me your email address I can send you the PDF of the help file and/or add you to test group so you can install the latest test version without that problem.

=========================

Ok, I see the problem. The released version 1.2.1 does not include the help file so the program crashes when it tries to open it.

It is a little complicated as to how this happened but I now see the combination of events that caused this to happen. It all started when I switched from a .txt help file to a .html help file and failed to updated the B4i file list to reflect this change. That alone did not result in the missing help file. But when I archived the 1.2.0 version not having it in the file list meant it was not backed up. I started the release process for 1.2.0 but then found that a library I used had been changed by the developer between the time I test the app and starting the release. I then had to push out an emergency release but I had already started adding new features so I had to use the archived version as a base to make the emergency release which unknown to me was missing the help file. I have now properly updated the B4i file list so it includes the correct help file so if I ever do use an archived version of the code it will have all the correct files.

I will need to release a new version with the fix in the next could of days.

...It all started when I switched from a .txt help file to a .html help file and failed to updated the B4i file list to reflect this change...

Thank you for such a rapid response, Turbo. I'm glad to know that you were able to replicate the issue, and that it's not just on my end :).

I'm not a mobile developer, but have built enough web plugins to get the gist of what happened. Glad to hear that it should be a simple fix. I'm happy to pm you my email for the bleeding edge, but no follow up is necessary if you don't feel like supporting multiple versions.

I really like the idea of html vs txt for linking directly to the different sections. Looking forward to the change!

Thanks again,
Tim

Version 1.2.5 was just uploaded to iTunes and is waiting for Apple's review before it is released on iTunes.

- Restores the missing Help file that was left out of version 1.2.1.

- When resetting DTCs increased size of ECU selection window to make it clear if more than one ECU has DTCs that can be cleared.

- Suppress the alert beep the first time Settings is accessed for iOS 8 and higher as the delay in initializing the Setting data is very short.

- For those that are switching from a WiFi to Bluetooth 4.0 LE OBDII adapter the previously registered SSID can be cleared by doing a long tap on the registered SSID name on the Settings/System panel. This will suppress any WiFi connection messages.

- Eliminated loading 96 battery cell sample voltage data on screen 1 when the app is first installed to avoid confusing a new user that the test data displayed came from their Leaf.

Sorry to be posting so much in here, and I hope I'm not being too annoying, but I went ahead and bought an LELink to replace my WiFi OBD II connector, and I suspect that the error is with it but thought I'd check first.

In the following scenarios:
WiFi - Off and On in different tests
Bluetooth: On - always, though I restarted the BT a few times throughout my tests
LELink connected to OBD II port
Car status: Acc (pressed On/Off twice) OR Ready (held brake and pressed On/Off once, car is ready to drive)

The following results occur:
LeafSpy Pro attempts to connect to my home WiFi first, and rejects it as the wrong network and then flashes briefly OBDBLE quickly, which I assume is the Bluetooth connector, then it appears to get stuck in a connection attempt (connection status says "Wait 4 ELM 00") indefinitely (I usually see it cycle and increment the number after ELM when connecting via WiFi).

Based on the error log it appears to be having some difficulty reading the stream from the ELM device. From the error log (there are a number of these, as well as a lot of superfluous information while I tried connecting to and disconnecting from WiFi):
01/02/2016 18:02:06 32 0 26 AStreamT_Error [ASE] *** -streamError only defined for abstract class. Define -[B4IFastSocket streamError]!

When I double-tap the Home button I can see from the BT settings that I am connected to OBDBLE, so it appears that the connection is successful, but either the OBD device is not sending information correctly, or the app is not receiving it correctly.

When I plug my WiFi OBD connector in, everything is fine. I would not be surprised if this was an issue with the hardware (http://www.amazon.com/LELink-Bluetooth-Energy-OBD-II-Diagnostic/dp/B00QJRYMFC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451787097&sr=8-1&keywords=lelink), but thought I'd check with you before I go about returning it.

Thanks!
Tim

EDIT: I am using the test version via TestFlight

Your description of the LELink failing while "Wait 4 ELM..." is the same problem I had with my first LELink. I returned the
LELink (to Amazon) and got a replacement. The replacement LELink works as advertised.

From your description it sound like there is a problem in the LELink between the Bluetooth transceiver and the processor inside the LELink that handles the AT commands. LeafSpy is able to establish a link to the transceiver (the transceiver responds with the OBDBLE string you see). After that LeafSpy sends a command to the processor and is waiting for a response of "OK". None is received as indicated by staying on state "00". My guess would be a bad solder joint between the BT transceiver board (you can see it through the top of the clear case) and the PC board it is solder too. Returning it for a replacement is your best option.

Since I have a lab at my disposal I would open it up and examine all the connections under a microscope to see if I could find the problem. I have found problems like this on other ELM327 adapters including a cold solder joint on the crystal used by the processor which explained why the process did not respond as it was not even running.

@Turbo3 I got 1.2.6 and the Tire Pressure alert overlay won't go away. We had a cold snap so my tire pressure dropped and the overlay comes on and stays. I ended up having to drop my warning threshold.

Jefe said:
@Turbo3 I got 1.2.6 and the Tire Pressure alert overlay won't go away. We had a cold snap so my tire pressure dropped and the overlay comes on and stays. I ended up having to drop my warning threshold.
Tapping the center of the Tire Pressure box should clear the warning.

Jefe said:
Doesn't seem to work.
It clears the warning sound/message. The flashing Red for whatever tires are low is never going away until you adjust the tire pressure or limits.

I guess I could change it so the flashing stopped and just leave the Red for below limit items. It that what you expected?

I think the issue is that it is making multiple overlays so when you dismiss one there is another one. I think this because normally it is a translucent gray but now it shows as black indicating multiple ones stacking.
I tried tapping 20 times and never got through.

Jefe said:
I think the issue is that it is making multiple overlays so when you dismiss one there is another one. I think this because normally it is a translucent gray but now it shows as black indicating multiple ones stacking.
I tried tapping 20 times and never got through.
Light Gray just means the data is old data not from the Leaf. It goes Black when connected to the Leaf. Only one tap should be needed. There is no "stacking". If light gray there should be no warning sound as you are not connected to the Leaf just the flashing Red numbers.

So you are saying the warning sound just keeps playing even after you have tapped the center where the delta pressure is displayed?

When I say gray and black I'm talking about the background of the overlay. I also noticed when I closed the app I had the number 62 in a badge which to me looked like that alert fired that many times.

I turned the sound off of the tire pressure alert so I don't know about the sound.

Jefe said:
When I say gray and black I'm talking about the background of the overlay. I also noticed when I closed the app I had the number 62 in a badge which to me looked like that alert fired that many times.

I turned the sound off of the tire pressure alert so I don't know about the sound.
The background only changes between day and night mode. There is no overlay. You either see the battery temperature data or the tire pressure data. The app just changes the data displayed for each label you see.

The Badge number is just the status of the app when running in the background. The 6x part means still connected to the Leaf. A 5x or 7x would mean trying to reconnect. The units digit is just a count to indicate the app is still running and increments each second (0-9).

If you have turned off the sound then what exactly are you trying to clear? What are you now expecting to happen when you tap the center of the tire pressure box?

Please post a screenshot of the problem so I can better understand it.

Turbo3 said:
Jefe said:

The background only changes between day and night mode. There is no overlay. You either see the battery temperature data or the tire pressure data. The app just changes the data displayed for each label you see.

The Badge number is just the status of the app when running in the background. The 6x part means still connected to the Leaf. A 5x or 7x would mean trying to reconnect. The units digit is just a count to indicate the app is still running and increments each second (0-9).

If you have turned off the sound then what exactly are you trying to clear? What are you now expecting to happen when you tap the center of the tire pressure box?

Please post a screenshot of the problem so I can better understand it.

Try this

E97ih8HP5K8-QyVSvpHOVlg0Keu6MsJzYkMZcBz9t6o

Tap the Red/Pink "PSI ^=1.00" label and it should go away. The fact that the Red/Pink background bar in the center is still there means the alarm has not been cleared with a tap on it.

You are not pressing on the "Tire Pressure Warning!" message are you? That will do nothing.

Turbo3 said:
Tap the Red/Pink "PSI ^=1.00" label and it should go away. The fact that the Red/Pink background bar in the center is still there means the alarm has not been cleared with a tap on it.

You are not pressing on the "Tire Pressure Warning!" message are you? That will do nothing.

Ok. I'll try this the next time I'm in the car. I was tapping the warning message. Seemed like the right thing to do.

Jefe said:
Turbo3 said:

Ok. I'll try this the next time I'm in the car. I was tapping the warning message. Seemed like the right thing to do.
Unfortunately I don't get any trigger event back about a tap on that message so I cannot detect it to use the tap.

rreitz said:
Your description of the LELink failing while "Wait 4 ELM..." is the same problem I had with my first LELink. I returned the
LELink (to Amazon) and got a replacement. The replacement LELink works as advertised.

Just as a FYI to anyone else with your LELink not working and showing the Wait message, I had this same issue, and had to return mine (purchased at end of december). New one from last week is working great. Must've been a bad batch at some point. Wish I had saved the serial number.

Back